123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parallels Customer Support--NOT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameshardenjr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Parallels Customer Support--NOT Reply with quote

Parallels has worked fine for putting XP on several Mac Mini's at work so far. Tech support is also very helpful if you have a problem, but Customer Service is a total flop.
I now own 4 different copies of Parallel 5.0 for desktop and one of the disks are no good. It happened to be one of the last disks I purchased and I spent I don't know how much time attempting to load it with no luck and even reloaded Snow Leopard twice thinking I had some files hung up that I could not find. I finally used a different disk and had a flawless install.
Now is the time for Customer Service to step forward like their tech support division. Calls and Emails to Parallel Customer NON Support refer you to NOVA, their North America Support Division. NOVA no longer works with Parallel so that is a waste of time. Parallel will not address the issue, because they are not located in the United States. They tell you to go to where you purchased the software. Apple will not accept software for exchange or refund.
Parallel also closes out a customer service report as soon as they have referred you to another division. In other words, don't waste their time after you purchase the product.
I have two more Mac Mini's on my desk right now I am setting up, and I will not be using Parallel on them or any future systems with the lack of Courtesy or Support. I know I can download a copy of the program, but as part of our backup plan, we keep copies of all software at each of our locations in case of any problems. When we have multiple copies, they go into off site locations nearby in case of fire or theft at the office location.
It is not like I am asking a lot, but to Parallel, I must be.
James
15 +Mac Minis in Future
5+ Mac Laptops in Future
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: