123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r.spitz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after being without a Mac for about 5 years I finally gave in and picked up a new mini today, man I cant believe I waited so long to come home to the apple!!
papercut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new Mac. I was mac-less for 10 years (since the Mac Si died in 1999). First the Dell died then the HP died. After going through Win98, Win2000, and XP, I just couldn't stand the thought of even looking at Vista or Win-7. So, got a mini about a month ago and love it.

I know just how you feel. Enjoy.
Jades Dark Heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New member long time Mac user Smile

Macbook Pro - 15 inch Late 2009
Mac Mini - Early 2010
iMac 20inch - Late 07

Airport Extreme
Airport Express

Greg
P35

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new member here I'm a long time Mac user, first machine ran system 7.
I was more or less dragged into a new Mac, the lack of support for the Mac chipped machines made a new one necessary. The new Mini is on the way and I'm excited
macmini2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Lurker turned board member. Reply with quote

I'm new again to Mac, my lfirst/last Mac was a Rev A with 8.6, clamshell I purchased for College. Last week I bought a new Mac Mini "value" model.

I'm just getting aqainted to OSX (Yes I know what was I thinking?) May be switching gradually into Mac again. I'm slowly reading, trying to remember keyboard shortcuts and learning. I may/may not be an active voice on this board. That will be decided based on how fast I learn the "new to me" fangled OSX!

.oO It's OS ten not X right?

I know not a very creative user name is it?
- Power Mac - G4 "Sawtooth" 450/2/80/DVD/ZIP! Panther
- Mac SE/30 192/30/SuperDrive Ocelot
sylvanis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming back after almost 2 decades of PC

Last Mac was an SE 30. Getting my hands on a 1.42 G4 over Easter weekend. Not really sure much else about it. My wife wants to unit as a media device and Rip all of our dvds to it. Any thoughts on the best route?

edit: after further thoughts and reviewing $ with the Mrs, I will be going with a new 2.53Ghz Mac Mini as an HTPC.

trying to figure out what software to s & whether to rip them on the Mac or on our vista pc and transferring files over. we'll be getting an iPad, so the rips will have to be converted.

iTunes made it so easy for going digital only for our music....wis someone would make it that easy for dvds
Ted74

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi all,

Long time PC user looking to get my very first Mac, going for a Mac Mini to use as a Music & Photo Media player. Plan is to connect to plasma for internet use and basic editing & viewing of photo's, and then connect to AV amp for music. I have a multi-room AV set-up, so also looking at remote controlling itunes via an ipod... Anyway, since I'm brand new to Mac's thought I would register on a forum....

Ted
sylvanis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

picked up a 2.53 mini at the local apple store. I was pleasantly surprised that they had a mini dvi to hdmi cable there for $20. Sure I know I could have picked it up online for cheaper, but I would've waited a few more days for shipping. Plus the local Apple store set up the BT Keyboard so I didn't need to pick up a usb one for initial setup.

I'm really enjoying it. My WD My Passport drive just showed up with no issues Very Happy That made my wife very happy. Pics and MP3s will slide over easily and just in time for the family coming over on Easter. Now just to tackle that DVD ripping/conversion process rolling.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted74 and Sylvanis....Welcome!

Using the mini as a photo and music/media player has been awesome for my whole family. You guys will be happy for sure. Thanks for stopping by 123MacMini!
Fly727s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Newbie here, New to Mini, anyway... Reply with quote

Hello, All...
A co-worker showed me his MacBook 3 years ago, said it is easy to learn, and "Just works"... Boy was he right... I bought Smoochie-Pie an iMac that Christmas, we love it too...
I got interested in the Mini when I heard people were using them for Home Theatre devices, so I have a 2.53 gigowiz unit on the way, am looking forward to the project, and learning from the Group - Although I still have a Windows desktop and netbook, I don't use them all that much - used XP before switching, all I know about Vista is that it SUCKS...
Will post what I learn as the project progresses, thanks in advance for the learning experience - come to think of it, I have already learned some valuable stuph...

Cheers,

Richard
recycled human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey new member and new to mac,

I've experienced the mac 3rd party through my girlfriend (who's the apple expert at our local best buy) but she kinda teaches people how to use macs all day and doesn't wanna show me all the cool stuff (plus I think that you guys might know answers to some of those tough questions that only regular use brings to light).

Anyway, I've been holding out on buying a computer because I really wanted a macbook pro and my girlfriend recommended waiting for the next release before making a purchase. With my growing impatience she recommended the macmini. I now have it hooked up to my 40" Samsung LCD HDTV.

This site looks great and hopefully I'll be able to find some answers that will help me in getting the most out of my new purchase and also make the switch from pc.

Thanks.
Defear

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

hoping to be a fist time mac user sooner than later. i have my eye set on the mini and just waiting for one that fits my budget.

see you guys around
ddr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last apple computer was an Apple II in 1979. I used it for games and ran a BBS on it for years. But after a while, I got sucked into the PC world where I have been for the last several decades.

I just decided to try something different and add a Mac Mini to the home network. I bought a 2009 vintage mini from ebay and it should be here soon. Just looking around to get a head start on my Mac education.

Great site here.
bdogman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a used mini when my pc died I love it!!

Why didnt buy one of these sooner?

It just started acting up if anyone could help me plz do!!!

- The Admeral
frailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son bought a G4 way back in high school. He's just selling his (subsequent) early Intel Mini now on eBay here. Our home one for net and all else is a year-old Mini.
We've been using one at work to run Serendipity Black Magic proofing, across to an Epson 7600. These are press quality proofs for offset presses printing high quality musical entertainment souvenir programs. All proofed to run to press off a Mini! Doesn't even blink... Laughing
Am now looking at Mod'ing 2 Minis to replace 7 year old PPC G5 towers. Would you say I had Miniitis?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: