123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing software question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAOC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Installing software question Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me why and how to fix this problem? When I install something from the internet the dmg file stays there, the folder that was created with the executable file is there, and then treats the program as if its a removable drive? This is the first Mac I have ever bought so sorry for being a newb.

Thanks

NAOC
www.tecknox.com
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just drag it to the trash you don't need it..or make a folder called downloads and drag it into it. That way if you want to reinstall/archive the program you won't have to download it again.
nalenb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the ones I've downloaded have done things differently. The dmg file is usually opened up automatically into an installer or folder after it turns into the removable drive thing. You usually need to drag the application from the folder to the desktop or somewhere else and then trash the removable drive thing and the dmg file.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misunderstood you problem. Nalenb has a the right answer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: