123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When Do New Ipods Come Out?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: When Do New Ipods Come Out? Reply with quote

When do new iPods come out? Is it about the same time each year? Is it every year or does Apple skip a year sometimes? In which month was the last release done?

With the new Retina Display in the iPhone I wonder if it will be put into the next version of the iPod Touch. Do you think Apple would do that so soon?

Maybe they'll put in a single camera into the iPod Touch this year and let Face Time remain exclusive to the iPhone for a year or two. I suppose Face Time could work with just one camera on the display side, but any camera added would most likely be mounted on the other side so the user could see what was being photographed.

Smallwheels

http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
www.MySpace.com/Beninate
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will almost certainly be September, thats historically when it happens.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:

Shocked Long time, no see! Very Happy
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
trustory wrote:

Shocked Long time, no see! Very Happy

It's been a while JB! I've been very busy the last year or so with a work placement but its starting to wind down now and I've been hanging around the site for the last week or so again!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
JonStark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, how long was it between G1 to G2 to G3 to G4?

I'd bet more than a year but less than two.
taylorm

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonStark wrote:
Well, how long was it between G1 to G2 to G3 to G4?

I'd bet more than a year but less than two.

True but now ipod are past thing
gigaguy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the current 4G Touch, it had great resolution and color. better than either iPad or any iPhone or Touch before the iPhone4.
Have you tried the Touch 4G?

I guess that post is old. the current 4G Touch has facetime, 2 cameras, and retina like screen.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
I had the current 4G Touch, it had great resolution and color. better than either iPad or any iPhone or Touch before the iPhone4.
Have you tried the Touch 4G?

I guess that post is old. the current 4G Touch has facetime, 2 cameras, and retina like screen.

This thread may be old, but I have to agree. The 4G Touch is a great device. Lots of people like myself have pay as you go phones or they simply want a dedicated device. There is still a demand for the iPods, with the Touch and the nanos' being the most popular.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some ways I preferred my Touch 4G to my iPad 2.
Touch has better screen, goes in your pocket (super thin), is jailbreakable, has every feature of the iPad 2, (facetime cameras, fast processor) and is cheaper.
only way I can see Apple top the current Touch is maybe to add 3G data service, but I don't think they will, too many iPads and iPhones to sell.
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gigaguy, I agree with all of your likes about the iPod Touch. The things that the iPod Touch doesn't have that I wish it did have are the iWork suite and Garage Band. I know it would seem unusual to use office software on such a small device, but to me it would be cool to be able to plug in a keyboard to an iPod Touch and utilize it as a tiny computer.

Garage Band is the feature that draws me towards getting an iPad.

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
kerbouchard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest ipod touch HAS the retina display. The current touch is usually the same as the current iphone(without the phone). Front and Back Cameras...
belder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerbouchard wrote:
The current touch is usually the same as the current iphone(without the phone). Front and Back Cameras...

That's true except the current iPod Touch has the same cameras as the iPad 2 which are adequate but not amazing. Unless I missed an update somewhere, I would love to see better cameras (like the ones in the current iPhone) in the next ver of the iPod touch. I have been spoiled by my Kodak Zi8. Better cameras next "touch" update sounds like a no brainer to me and would mean one less device to carry.
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Better Cameras Reply with quote

I too would like better cameras. Right now I use a Flip video camera that has a digital zoom. It is OK. The company that made it was bought out by Cisco and they decided to just kill the business instead of selling it. That means after next year there will be no more updates or support.

Video is what I use more than anything. The only problem I foresee is a way to get the videos into Ubuntu. That would be a better place for me to do editing than Vista. Maybe I'll just need to download the videos and export them to an external hard drive then retrieve them with Kden Live (a Linux video editor).

What video format is recorded with iPod Touches? Is it .mov, .avi, or something else? My camera creates .m4v files.

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
belder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Better Cameras Reply with quote

Smallwheels wrote:

What video format is recorded with iPod Touches? Is it .mov, .avi, or something else? My camera creates .m4v files.

I think it uses I H.264 and MPEG-4. I use MPEG Streamclip (free) to transfer video files I can edit. if you're editing on a Mac select Apple Intermediate Codec from the QuickTime list.
http://www.squared5.com/
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Better Cameras Reply with quote

Smallwheels wrote:
The only problem I foresee is a way to get the videos into Ubuntu.

Today I figured out how to load videos into Ubuntu and get them to play on Kdenlive. It's not difficult at all. Ubuntu recognizes the Flip camera and puts a Flip icon on the desktop. I just clicked it open and then opened the DCIM folder and copied the files to the desktop. Then I just dragged the video I wanted into the Kdenlive program.

I haven't edited anything yet because I haven't read the instructions for it. I wish iMovie came with instructions. IMovie is easier to figure out but Kdenlive looks more like a professional video editor. It has many drop down choices with terminology that I don't know. It's not intuitive at all.

I would rather have a complex piece of software with good instructions than an Apple like interface that is simple to use without any instructions. The simple software might be easy to use but it is also limited in capabilities.

I saw a steady-cam holder for the iPhone/iPod Touch for sale. It works really well. It cost a lot of money but would be worth it for someone who likes to shoot video. All of the motions of the camera are really smooth. If I choose to buy the iPod Touch I'll be getting one of those mounts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygV8hiDfwl0&feature=related

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: