123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pc to Mac Parallels Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameshardenjr

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Pc to Mac Parallels Question Reply with quote

Bought Mac Mini Server and working on slow conversion over to Mac at work. Before I buy the Parallel software, I am wondering if there is any limitations or problems people have found using Parallel.
I am limited to using a specific program for credit card processing that only works in Windows XP. I don't really want to change that program since we are currently running a Windows Server for Documents,Credit Card and Check processing, and time clocks in addition to a Unix Server for Sales/Payroll/AR.
I will be a very small user on windows, but very specific. If I change credit card scanning/processing software, I would have to spend a considerable amount of time coding myself or hiring someone to send scanned data into unix. It was not fun the first time around.
Gino
15 +Mac Minis in Future
5+ Mac Laptops in Future
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may have trouble loading the software. a few people have had trouble loading windows due to no internal dvd to load the soft ware.

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
ReliantLion

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try VirtualBox first. It's free, and can mount DVD images. Particularly useful for machines with no drive. You might need a pen drive or something.
jameshardenjr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Success Reply with quote

I was shocked to say the least. I managed to set up two Mac Mini's with all XP based programs on Paralell with no problem in less than 1 1/2 hrs and spent more time removing the PC's and wiring I was replacing than doing the actual set up on Mac. I am now considering as my next headache to look at Red Hat Linux on a Mac Computer in the next year or so.

Glutton for Punishment.
Gino
15 +Mac Minis in Future
5+ Mac Laptops in Future
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: