123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extending a network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Extending a network Reply with quote

I currently got my extreme setup with my express. I guess I have the settings set to extend the network of my extreme through my express. The problem is I don't ever see it in my ipad. How do I know it's extending my network? It seems like the express would show up as a network to choose from in my ipad, but I don't ever see it even with one or two bars in my wifi signal. That alone tells me I may be doing something wrong because it should have full spectrum if the network is being extended.
macmini2010

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your iPad get a good signal on another network, ie at your office or a public wifi spot? If it doesn't it may either be a bad wifi adapter or a config problem. Sorry to be vague, but eliminate hardware problem on your iPad if other devices work well with your Airport.
- Power Mac - G4 "Sawtooth" 450/2/80/DVD/ZIP! Panther
- Mac SE/30 192/30/SuperDrive Ocelot
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip but I am the only one I know who has wifi. I am country folk nothing around here that modern. LOL

I seen a hotel with a sign that said they had hi speed internet once. Very Happy

Its probably how I have it configured. I just hope the express can do airtunes and extended range at once. If not I won't even bother trouble shooting it.
ReliantLion

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say the iPad can't see "it", are you referring to the Extreme or the Express?
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The express so I don't know if its' extending the network or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: