123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elgato EyeTV Hybrid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Elgato EyeTV Hybrid Reply with quote

Product: Elgato EyeTV Hybrid
Category: DVR

Summary:
EyeTV Hybrid does the work of two EyeTV hardware products for the price of one. It delivers free over-the-air digital TV to your Mac via antenna, as well as analog TV via antenna and standard cable. EyeTV Hybrid also comes with a break-out cable for composite video and S-Video, enabling you to connect a set top box for premium channels, digital cable or satellite.

With its classic matte aluminum finish and surprisingly small size for such a versatile product, the EyeTV Hybrid is a perfect complement to the Mac. It features a USB 2.0 interface for the streaming of superior quality, uncompressed TV content to your Mac. It is USB powered and therefore requires no external power supply, and contains a full-size coaxial plug. [List Price: $149.95]

ReliantLion

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was painless to setup. Software works great.

I don't know if it's standard on tuners, but the coaxial port on this thing actually comes out of the unit. This makes it much easier to screw on the coax cable, then plug it back into the unit.

Only thing I don't like is that even with the short USB extension cable, the IR receiver is hard to position to be useful in my bedrooms current configuration.

I use it with basic Comcast cable. I get about 120 channels.
EDIT: Mine is the 2010 model. It did have to update the software (or rather I did it anyways, not really sure I HAD to).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: