123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Announces Dates for WWDC 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Apple Announces Dates for WWDC 2010 Reply with quote

Apple Announces Dates for WWDC 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Posted by: Brian

Apple today announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 7th through June 11th at San Francisco's Moscone West. The five-day conference includes the first ever iPad development sessions and hands-on working labs for iPhone OS 4, as well as Mac OS X core technology labs.

"This year's WWDC offers developers in-depth sessions and hands-on working labs to learn more about iPhone OS 4, the world's most advanced mobile operating system," said Scott Forstall, Apple's senior vice president of iPhone Software. "WWDC provides a unique opportunity for developers to work side-by-side with Apple engineers and interface designers to make their iPhone and iPad apps even better."

According to the company, WWDC 2010 is focused on providing advanced content for skilled developers across five key technology tracks: Application Frameworks; Internet & Web; Graphics & Media; Developer Tools; and Core OS. Apple engineers will deliver over 100 solutions-oriented technical sessions and labs.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1505.html
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there will an iPhone that looks something like this announced?

Laughing
quaternio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How likely is it that Apple will announce a refresh for a computer model on or near the dates of WWDC?
Huff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quaternio wrote:
How likely is it that Apple will announce a refresh for a computer model on or near the dates of WWDC?

I don't know, but the Apple TV, Mac Pro, Mac mini and MacBook Air all seem a little ignored again. I'm thinking it will be fall for the Mac mini and iMac. WWDC is probably going to be all about the iPhone, iPhone OS 4 and apps. JMHO
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Next Mac mini Reply with quote

Anyone here hoping for a Core 2 Quad with nVidia 320M in the next Mac mini?
2nd gen. iPod shuffle (1 GiB)
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mini can not do a quad core too hot. IMO

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think that Apple doesn't even care about computers anymore. Most of the recent computer updates have been uninspiring. Nothing much is happening on the desktop software front either. It's pretty much all about the iPhone, iPad and apps these days. I think most of their resources have floated to that side of the company. I even read today that they dumped the Mac part of their designer awards coming up. I'm a huge fan of the iPhone and iPad, but I just don't care for this direction they seem to be heading in.
somefreak90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suspicion that they're going to announce blu ray support then, but then again, I've been wrong before...
somefreak90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Apple doesn't even care about computers anymore. Most of the recent computer updates have been uninspiring. Nothing much is happening on the desktop software front either. It's pretty much all about the iPhone, iPad and apps these days. I think most of their resources have floated to that side of the company. I even read today that they dumped the Mac part of their designer awards coming up. I'm a huge fan of the iPhone and iPad, but I just don't care for this direction they seem to be heading in.

I agree with you that they're putting more emphasis on the iPhone, etc. these days, but I don't think they're giving up on the Mac or anything like that. I mean, the Mac Pro just had an update last month and the Mac mini was updated twice last year.
But then again, what Wall Street wants, Wall Street gets.......
Zuma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure Apple even needs the Mac Pro anymore. You're almost better off buying the 27" iMac once you get to those price levels. The Mac mini just needs beefed up a little more and audio out of the Mini DisplayPort or HDMI. Then boost up an application like Front Row. Products like the MacBook Air and Apple TV seem to be dead in the water. They might be better served by moving on from them.

I'm just wondering about 10.7 and the next version of iLife. I was hoping they might be previewed at WWDC. I'm not so sure that will happen now.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuma wrote:
MacBook Air

I sold and replaced mine with an iPad. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: