123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Sells Over 500,000 iPads, International Launch Delayed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Apple Sells Over 500,000 iPads, International Launch Delayed Reply with quote

Apple Sells Over 500,000 iPads, International Launch Delayed
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Posted by: Brian

Apple today announced that they have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week of sales in the United States. The company also announced that they are postponing the international release of the iPad, until the end of May, because of higher than expected demand in the United States. You will be able to pre-order one and find out international pricing on May 10th though.

"Although we have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week, demand is far higher than we predicted and will likely continue to exceed our supply over the next several weeks as more people see and touch an iPad. We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April."

"Faced with this surprisingly strong US demand, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the international launch of iPad by one month, until the end of May. We will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders on Monday, May 10. We know that many international customers waiting to buy an iPad will be disappointed by this news, but we hope they will be pleased to learn the reason—the iPad is a runaway success in the US thus far."

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1494.html
castaway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the best news, but it gives me more time to save for a higher capacity model.
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it at an apple store in New Jersey.

It is lite weight nice piece of gear but it does not have enough processing power or memory for me. Waiting for a refurb with max memory may be your best choice.

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Sells Over 500,000 iPads, International Launch Del Reply with quote

admin wrote:

The company also announced that they are postponing the international release of the iPad, until the end of May, because of higher than expected demand in the United States. You will be able to pre-order one and find out international pricing on May 10th though.

Interesting. Steve Jobs was specifically asked this question at the iPhone event last week. He stated that high sales in the US of the iPad would NOT delay the international release...wonder what has changed since then. Confused
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that it's worth the wait. The iPad by far the best thing I've purchased from Apple in a while.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been expecting this Sad Trouble is it probably means its now late June for the 3G UK models Evil or Very Mad

One positive is they might be able to sort out the supposedly dodgy wifi issue by the time we get them

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
One positive is they might be able to sort out the supposedly dodgy wifi issue by the time we get them

I finally sorted out my issues. I just needed to buy a new dual-band AirPort Extreme. Smile
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
Cypher wrote:

I finally sorted out my issues. I just needed to buy a new dual-band AirPort Extreme. Smile

Nice piece of equipment, I've got one myself. What were you running b4?
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPad has hit Best Buy here in Phoenix. They have several of them on display. I got a chance to try it out. It's got really good movie graphics. I think it would make a great portable video movie player for the Mac Mini at home, using one of the apps that lets you log into your computer. But as a computer replacement, the switch from mouse to fingers seems really weird to me. Not sure I would like that. I'd probably get a keyboard and mouse for the blueray interface.
Active: Mac Mini (OCT 09) 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz, 500 GB HDD
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for this is the wireless adapter in the ipad conflicts with other country's wireless signals this is why in certain country's the device has been banned!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: