123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adobe Unveils Creative Suite 5 Product Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Adobe Unveils Creative Suite 5 Product Family Reply with quote

Adobe Unveils Creative Suite 5 Product Family
Monday, April 12, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

Adobe today announced the release of their Creative Suite 5 product family, which includes the likes of Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5, Premier Pro CS5, Dreamweaver CS5, Flash Professional CS5 and After Effects CS5. The company also announced the release of a new product called Flash Catalyst CS5. It's a design tool that allows users to create web application interfaces without writing code. You can learn more about the entire product line in a webcast that is scheduled to begin later this morning. It's definitely shaping up to be a big day on the Adobe software front.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1490.html
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely getting the student edition while I still can Very Happy
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind having the new Photoshop, but death to Flash! That being said, Flash runs great on my PC. Death to HTML 5! Laughing
snolan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Adobe CS5 installer and case-sensitive filesystems Reply with quote

I notice that Adobe can't be bothered to fix the trivial but annoying case-insensitive filesystem limitation:

http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/systemreqs/

"cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash-based storage devices"

Frankly, this is stupid and lazy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
I wouldn't mind having the new Photoshop, but death to Flash! That being said, Flash runs great on my PC. Death to HTML 5! Laughing

As a current iPhone user, ex-Netbook owner and soon to be iPad owner; I'd have to say death to Flash!!

...being in the IT industry, I prefer Flash since there's more Flash developers and people capable of quickly learning Flash (or understanding it; like me); but than working at a company that is quickly migrating to the enterprise version of Microsoft's SharePoint 2007, and does plan to adapt SharePoint 2010 later this year, I again consider HTML 5, since enterprise security refuses to allow us to use Flash in SharePoint (but we found a work around Wink )

The topic of HTML 5 VS Flash is so confusing, benchmarks seem to show no clear winner, and it's a war that can go on forever.

CONCLUSION: I'm staying neutral for now, I love Adobe, and will buy a beginners HTML 5 book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: