123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iMac Won't Boot ! Help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dino I purchased a 75 dollar plan so far 49 days later it is still good. I have heard a lot of problems and a lot of good stories. I will update you in 30 days . I will keep up the updates. The seller is still on ebay and has 100 percent feedback as of today. I have read that 100 or 200 days after purchase it goes buy buy. I will let you know.

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea & if yours is good, which I hope for your sake it is. Post the Seller's Name. Because I need to buy the 1st Warranty that I have bought on any Computer, PC's Included. Ironically enough, this is the most $ I ever paid for a Computer, & this one has had the most Problems. I guess the old adage "You Get What You Paid For" doesn't hold up in my case.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Got my iMac back. New Logic Board. First Restart when I got it home. Weird Stuff. No Bluetooth Mouse or Keyboard & Dim Screen. Could not brighten screen. I rebooted & repaired Permissions, and the last 2 Restarts have been fine. In my case, I have never let my Mac Mini Sleep or the Hard Drive Rest when Not in Use. I think I'm following that same rule of thumb here with the iMac. I'll power it down at night & power it up in the morning. I have a gut feeling Sleep messes things up. You may think that sounds crazy. But Bluetooth never does well with Sleep in my past experience. This computer is the first computer I ever used Sleep with & I've had problems. I never had to make any computer Sleep & they and their hard drives have lasted over 10 years. I just shut them down at night. I have too many Hard Drives & Peripherals connected, to rely on the Mac's Sleep Preference. I run all my scripts & maintenance in Onyx once every 2 weeks. It's working NOW. That's all I can say. I don't know why it was acting weird. Who Knows? I now have Time Machine & Super Duper going, just in case it decides not to boot or act weird. Thank you guys once again for all your help. I do appreciate it.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Just to try. I made a Separate Partition on my Time Machine USB Drive for Super Duper. Used Only 40 GB's. I have to tell you, I am impressed. When I hit Option and Booted into Super Duper, my iMac felt and worked exactly the same as it does from it's Internal HD. I felt no lag, lock ups or Freezes. That is way cool. Thanks guys for making me join the 21st. Century. Smile Now with Time Machine & Super Duper in place, I feel a lot better.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dino1956 wrote:
Ok. Just to try. I made a Separate Partition on my Time Machine USB Drive for Super Duper. Used Only 40 GB's. I have to tell you, I am impressed. When I hit Option and Booted into Super Duper, my iMac felt and worked exactly the same as it does from it's Internal HD. I felt no lag, lock ups or Freezes. That is way cool. Thanks guys for making me join the 21st. Century. Smile Now with Time Machine & Super Duper in place, I feel a lot better.

It is pretty cool, especially for freeware. I think this will make your life much easier in the future.

Glad you are up and running again.
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill. Yes, so am I.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: