123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call of duty 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hazza Manazza

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Call of duty 4 Reply with quote

Hi,
First of all this forum is only about call of duty 4!! Not 2 or 1 as I can already play them! I tried playing COD4 on my mini even though I know th gma 950 isnt good for gaming! Dont bother saying that it isn't a gaming card because I already know that! Has any1 with a 2GHz C2D Mini had any success in playing COD4?

Hazza
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

But from what i have heard in order to play it on the mac mini you have to turn off all the video settings. like you have to do with doom 3 on the mini but even if you do you are still going to experiance lag there isn't really anything you can do about it.
Alimac

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Call of Duty 4 doing on the new 2009 Mac minis? I'm thinking about buying a copy after payday.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alimac wrote:
How is Call of Duty 4 doing on the new 2009 Mac minis? I'm thinking about buying a copy after payday.

I don't own one of the new Mac minis, but this review says 35fps on the optimal system settings.

http://www.ecoustics.com/pcw/reviews/161139
soundzen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately i bought COD4 when i purchased windows vista for my LG laptop about 6 months ago - to bad its not mac compatible... or maybe it is!!!

i loved the game but the pushed graphics made me disy and the pace is so fast heart beating (deploying on beach and crawling among high grass and looking up for enemy snipers up in palm trees) intense gaming indeed with huge graphics!

for some1 used to play on XP the all trilogy of DELTA FORCE this COD4 was a breeze of fresh air... wow!
rrandall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave the gaming factor to my PS3...

My name is Richard Randall and I am a Modern Warfare 2 addict, i have not played the game for approx. 48 hours Laughing
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"i leave the gaming factor to my ps3"

I do to

to a point. i use linux on my ps3 to play the older call of duty series using a virtual desktop application.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrandall wrote:
My name is Richard Randall and I am a Modern Warfare 2 addict, i have not played the game for approx. 48 hours Laughing
Laughing

I've actually retired for the time being. I'll wait for the new maps to come out. The game got a little boring for me for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are playing on PS3, you'll be waiting a little longer. The 360 is getting a one month window of exclusivity. More importantly though, the $15 price tag for new maps may make you wait even longer.

I'm a pretty avid MW2 player, and I'm not feeling the $15 for 3 new maps & 2 old ones. You may want to rent Battlefield Bad Co2 and give that a look. It has become the optional choice for those not liking CoD.

10 Mac Mini | 09 Macbook
16GB IPhone 3GS | 32GB IPad
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm playing on PS3. I can wait for a while. I like the game, just tired of people playing the exact same way on every single map. Which makes it boring.

I like BF:BC2. I love how the bullets have more realistic ballistics. As in they drop, plus you have to lead moving targets. Sniping is exciting, because it is a challenge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: