123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EyeTV 3.3.2 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: EyeTV 3.3.2 Released Reply with quote

EyeTV 3.3.2 Released
Friday, March 19, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

Elgato has announced the release of EyeTV 3.3.2, an update to their DVR software for Mac users. According to the release notes, this version of the software contains several additional components that are running in 64-bit mode. In addition to the H.264 video decoder, MPEG-2 video is now decoded in 64-bit mode for both playback and export. It also states that EyeTV Sharing and EyeConnect are running in 64-bit mode as well now. The update also contains numerous bug fixes to improve performance and stability. You can see a full list of them down below.

Hardware
- Improved quality of analog recordings with EyeTV Hybrid (North America 2010) on Macs with Intel Core Duo processors 2.26 GHz and faster.
- Improved stability for the EyeTV Netstream DTT, EyeTV Hybrid 2010 (North America), and EyeTV Sat.
- Improved CAM reliability and support for EyeTV Sat.
- EyeTV Sat no longer accepts remote commands from unsupported remote controls.
- Fixed a problem where analog channel names were not displayed when tuning with EyeTV Hybrid.

Recordings
- Improved performance when loading large libraries.
- Fixed crashes related to memory usage.
- Fix a problem where an incorrect audio track was exported to program or elementary streams.
- Improved sort speed in Programs window.

Program Guide
- Fixed a problem where shows longer than 3 hours would not show a title or episode title in the EPG.
- Improved details view for EPG.
- Fixed a crash when clearing the EPG.
- Program Guide searches are no longer case sensitive.
- Improved resiliency during EPG server outages.

Misc
- Fixed a crash when displaying Picture-in-Picture.
- Fixed a problem during analog input capture where certain VHS players would show "No Signal" after a few seconds of fast forward or reverse.
- Improved picture quality of DV exports.
- EyeConnect now recognizes when the local IP Address has changed, and resumes working.
- Fixed a problem where large channels list were deleted.

EyeTV 3.3.2 update weighs in at 113MB and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1470.html
YesHD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is a widespread issue, but my onscreen menu feels substantially slower after updating. It doesn't feel nearly as responsive now. Confused
zen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YesHD wrote:
I don't know if this is a widespread issue, but my onscreen menu feels substantially slower after updating. It doesn't feel nearly as responsive now. Confused

I noticed that also. I just went back to eyetv 2.5.3 as I found everything kept getting slower. I switched to 3 at the 3.03 phase and each upgrade used more and more cpu.

Great software but it's getting rather bloated. 2.5.3 is fine for my needs and it runs much faster and uses far less cpu.
YesHD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you really rolled it back then. I've been doing pretty good with EyeTV 3 up until this point.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem with slow and wonky menus. I'm going to revert back to the last release.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same deal. Rolling back...
borrows123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That TV is looking very beautiful..
What is the price of this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: