123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXTREME MRI ANXIETY? (UPDATED)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a HUGE claustrophobia issue, I've had 2 kidney stones and last time they put me in an MRI and I started freaking, thankfully I was on some a couple drugs due to the KS pain and was able to space off.

No way could I go into one of those without drugs. Enjoy the ride.
WahWahWatson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally claustrophobic. I needed to have one of my back and freaked out so bad. I had them pull me out like five minutes into the test. I got all drugged up the second time around though, so it was smooth sailing.
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear of your problems Ponti.

I don't think I'll ever be allowed into a MRI machine. The amount of metal in my body would probably rip me to shreds.

I recall a guy coming into the ward at 2 AM. He'd been put into an MRI machine and he screamed the house down till 4 AM. He kept hallucinating, saying they'd put him in a coffin...& that they had the wrong guy..

Guess it must have felt that way...

The poor bugger...Crying or Very sad

Aqua

PS get better soon..mate.

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
The Pontificator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

That Lorzepam is some good S***!!!! I was feeling awesome within 2-3 minutes of downing the first tablet. Dropped the second hit right before the procedure. Wore some foam eargplugs, demanded (and got) them to crank up the local alternative rock station to full blast the entire time. Donned the washcloth over my eyes and it was ROCK 'N ROLL for the next 2-1/2 hours.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pontificator wrote:
That Lorzepam is some good S***!!!! I was feeling awesome within 2-3 minutes of downing the first tablet. Dropped the second hit right before the procedure. Wore some foam eargplugs, demanded (and got) them to crank up the local alternative rock station to full blast the entire time. Donned the washcloth over my eyes and it was ROCK 'N ROLL for the next 2-1/2 hours.

Drugs and rock music can get you through anything. Wink

Congrats! Here's hoping you get some good news with the results.
The Pontificator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Devo! Cool

Yeah, that was the easy part. The results issue is still looming. Should know in a few days. If the MRI is negative, then I'm going to have to have a lumbar puncture done. I'd rather do the MRI again. Sad
Grover Time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pontificator wrote:
Yeah, that was the easy part. The results issue is still looming. Should know in a few days. If the MRI is negative, then I'm going to have to have a lumbar puncture done. I'd rather do the MRI again. Sad

I had a spinal tap a couple years ago. They thought I could have meningitis due to this really bad headache. Anyways, it wasn't that bad. They numb you up and give you something to relax. I really didn't feel any pain. It's normal to get a headache after the test though. At least that's what they told me.
caulktel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a Pacemaker implanted in my chest 3 weeks ago, so I won't be ever seeing the inside of a MRI machine only CAT scan. Glad you got through it and I hope your test comes back good. Smile
iPhone 4S 16GB
The Pontificator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRI results came back negative, so my probably is not being caused by a brain tumor. Very Happy

However, the doctor has scheduled me for a lumbar puncture for tomorrow. Shocked

Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caulktel wrote:
I just had a Pacemaker implanted in my chest 3 weeks ago, so I won't be ever seeing the inside of a MRI machine only CAT scan.

What about cell phones and the iPhone? Don't you have to worry about them in certain ways?
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pontificator wrote:
MRI results came back negative, so my probably is not being caused by a brain tumor. Very Happy

Well, that is certainly good news. Good luck with the spinal tap! I bet it's not as bad as it sounds. Neutral
iLife's a Bitch!
caulktel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_Tex wrote:
caulktel wrote:
I just had a Pacemaker implanted in my chest 3 weeks ago, so I won't be ever seeing the inside of a MRI machine only CAT scan.

What about cell phones and the iPhone? Don't you have to worry about them in certain ways?

Yeah, the doc told me to keep any cell phones at least 6 inches away from my pacemaker. I use a bluetooth headset most of the time with the iPhone in a holster on my belt. I asked him about hand held transceivers, (radios) as I am a Ham Radio operator, he said no way. He told me to use only mobile radios from inside my truck or car with a external antenna. So yeah, it has changed my life, but at least my heart is beating again. Very Happy
iPhone 4S 16GB
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caulktel wrote:
Yeah, the doc told me to keep any cell phones at least 6 inches away from my pacemaker. I use a bluetooth headset most of the time with the iPhone in a holster on my belt. I asked him about hand held transceivers, (radios) as I am a Ham Radio operator, he said no way. He told me to use only mobile radios from inside my truck or car with a external antenna. So yeah, it has changed my life, but at least my heart is beating again. Very Happy

Beating is most definitely a good thing!

Man, I have a habit of sitting my iPhone on my chest while lying in bed or on the couch or chair. It sounds like I'd need to break that one fast.
The Pontificator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the lumbar puncture yesterday. A nerve was 'brushed' while inserting the needle, and for about 2 seconds (or maybe it was an eternity) it felt like a white-hot spear was being shoved into my spine. Shocked

(EXPLETIVE)

If I never have that procedure done again it will be too soon.

Spinal fluid sample was clear. That's good. When it's cloudy or bloody there's a big problem.

ETA: Great news! Doctor gave me the "all clear". Test show the papilledema in my left eye not result of intracranial pressure (tumor) or thrombosis of the optic nerve.

More likely the residual result of untreated hypertension for which I'm now taking medication.

This is certainly a load off my mind.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know it's an old thread, but I had an MRI off my forearms yesterday. Had to lay in a weird position for like over an hour on each side. Man, did I ever freak out in there. I'm talking total panic attack. I'm definitely getting drugged up if I ever need another one. Laughing

Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: