123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will you buy the Apple tablet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you buy the Apple tablet?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 18 ]
Maybe
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Ain't no tablet coming
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 44

scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, how about version 2.0 with a real keyboard? Laughing

I think Apple better start passing out the Kool-Aid early. Without Snow Leopard, this thing is doomed to fail. They should really just make what everyone wants. A 10" netbook that runs OS X out of the box. What the MacBook Air should have been in the first place.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
Okay, how about version 2.0 with a real keyboard? Laughing

I think Apple better start passing out the Kool-Aid early. Without Snow Leopard, this thing is doomed to fail. They should really just make what everyone wants. A 10" netbook that runs OS X out of the box. What the MacBook Air should have been in the first place.

I would have bought one. Seeing it didn't exist I have an Asus 1000h instead. I don't why netbooks get such a bad rap. I love mine.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing just fine at 3.5" thank you. Smile
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems someone has already had a chance to try out Apple's new "Tapplet":
http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/08/01/someone-has-seen-the-tapplet-and-is-making-vague-statements-about-it/

...not really a reliable source, but it seems to fit in with the rumors of Apple introducing a new product during their Sept. 5th event.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
It seems someone has already had a chance to try out Apple's new "Tapplet":
http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/08/01/someone-has-seen-the-tapplet-and-is-making-vague-statements-about-it/

...not really a reliable source, but it seems to fit in with the rumors of Apple introducing a new product during their Sept. 5th event.

I'm passing, but the article on 9to5 makes it sound interesting. It almost sounds like they are setting this up to be a replacement for the Apple TV. A tablet would be neat sitting in a dock with HDMI out. Then you can grab it and go.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty thin report.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

It must be true then Wink
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

Here's an other...
http://www.i4u.com/article26168.html

This one seems to be quoting from Barron's:
http://9to5mac.com/apple-tablet-september-barrons

As to what Ben_Tex said, it seems like it might replace AppleTV somehow.

I'll stop posting more rumors/updates Smile

...it's just that I sold my Vaio P about a month ago (the cool thing is I only lost $50 on it), cause it was super slow, and driving me crazy (although the new Vaio P's seems faster); so I've been looking around for a stylish netbook that doesn't lag playing videos. Every time I'm ready to type my card number in, I get buyers remorse though, cause I think of the Apple tablet, future Windows 7 netbooks, the the new Vaio W coming out in about 2 weeks.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
..it's just that I sold my Vaio P about a month ago (the cool thing is I only lost $50 on it), cause it was super slow, and driving me crazy (although the new Vaio P's seems faster); so I've been looking around for a stylish netbook that doesn't lag playing videos.

I messed around with one of those on display at Staples. I thought it seemed decent, but a tad on the slow side. It also had some neat looking software for your media and stuff. I just couldn't used that trackstick thingy worth a crap. The keyboard didn't seem bad though.
castaway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not right away, but maybe. It really depends on the feature set and operating system. I already know the form factor is going to be dead sexy. Smile
Gator Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, depends on the OS and price.
Harmory & Apple remotes
2 X FreeAgent Desk for Mac drives.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big no for me if the rumors hold up. I'm actually more excited about multi-touch and the touch pack in Windows 7. I'm sure the Apple tablet will be great at what it does, but Dell, HP and others are bound to follow it with a ton of comparable devices that run this full operating system. If the rumors are true at this point, the Apple tablet will be limited to the iPhone OS, App Store and iTunes. To be honest, that really doesn't interest me. I can already do that for the most part on an iPhone or iPod touch in a smaller and more portable form factor. A true tablet deserves more features, freedom, control and power. It should be a true computer with a full and customizable operating system.
MacNcheese

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main reason for getting a tablet will be to go on line at work. The on line policies are getting tighter all the time and my iPhone just doesn't have a large enough screen.

Mini~2.3GHz i7/16GB/1.0TB/WD Cloud 2TBx2, WD My Book 2TBx2 /LaCie DVD/CD drive/Airport Extreme/Airport Express/ LaCie 324 monitor.
iPod Classic x2
iPhone 4S
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting a 32GB or maybe at a push the 64GB model but I'm not going to go for the 3G model.

I'm going to go for a Mifi unit and separate sim card data plan to use with the iPad, Touch and Macbook Pro rather than only having the iPad on the Internet with the 3G iPad model.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I'll be getting a 32GB or maybe at a push the 64GB model but I'm not going to go for the 3G model.

I'm going to go for a Mifi unit and separate sim card data plan to use with the iPad, Touch and Macbook Pro rather than only having the iPad on the Internet with the 3G iPad model.

I have a MiFi, but I think I might still go with the 3G iPad, only because it's one less thing to carry, but I might choose the $15 AT&T plan.

I was actually telling an AT&T rep the other day, that it's actually somewhat funny how my iPhone works best on Sprint's network, rather than AT&T. I'm sure if I depended only on AT&T I would go insane, but they're network seems to be getting a bit better though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: