123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Webcams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Webcams Reply with quote

Webcams

You can use this thread to share information about the webcam being used with your Mac setup.

Please use the following format to share this information:

Brand: Logitech
Model: QuickCam Pro 9000
Purchased at: Newegg
Price paid: $85.00
Compatibility issues: None
Extra comments and/or personal review: None
I will accept questions about this webcam via PM: No

Please do not reply about entries or go off topic! These posts will be removed.

Related links

Webcam manufacturers:
- Blue
- Creative
- ECamm
- Labtec
- Logitech
- Macally
- Microsoft
fhall1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand: Sharx Security
Model: SCNC2606
Purchased at: sharxsecurity.com
Price paid: $239.00
Compatibility issues: None
Extra comments and/or personal review: None
I will accept questions about this webcam via PM: Yes, but I rarely log in here any more.
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased one of those eyeball 2.0 web cams from blue mic. The camera got mixed reviews around the web. Some of the recorded video samples I saw were really good and others were crappy. It is obviously very user dependent. The sound quality got rave reviews universally. Amazon had it on sale for $22 and change. I couldn't pass it up as they are still being sold on the Apple store for over $50. I will see how it is when it comes in. It should be here in the next day or so.
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the new eyeball 2.0 I received was instantly recognized by OS X Lioni with no driver software. The sound was phenomenal. The camera on the unit I received was obviously defective as the picture looked like an 8 bit joke from the '80s. I have seen other videos and reviews around the net, so I know it should not look like that. the design of the unit as a whole was very nice. It fit on my LCD monitor easily and adjustments were very easy to make as the entire mic/camera can be rotated 360 and tilted up and down with little effort. The construction of the item seemed very solid. Blue Microphone is known for putting out really good products, so I was a bit surprised the first camera I got was a bust. I have already put in a service request with the company. I will see how that goes and get back here with the info. If they can get me a unit with a working camera that meets their advertised specs I will be keeping it; otherwise, I will have to stick to their microphones until the handle this.
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my RMA# from Blue Microphones. I have to get around to actually shipping it off. Hopefully I can get that done today or tomorrow. Even with shipping it back it was a steal as the price on Amazon has more than doubled from the special price I paid for it.

Last edited by Am Yisrael Chai! on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my eyeball 2.0 shipped off yesterday via UPS as Blue Microphone requests you ship with a tracking number. In my opinion USPO tracking is really bad. I will post when I get the unit back with further information concerning the time for the return and the performance of the replacement product.
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the shipping notice and invoice from Blue Microphone to let me know that I should be expecting my webcam back in a few days. They shipped it out via FedEx. All I had to do was pay UPS shipping to them. I chose to go the route of getting an RMA directly from Blue Microphone instead of exchanging it via Amazon so that I would be sure to get a working device from the company instead of simply another sealed package. I can't wait to try it out!
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my eyeball 2.0 back from Blue Microphone. I will be trying it out tonight and letting you know how their repair/replacement turns out.
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total frustration at this point. I tried out the webcam I got back from Blue Microphone yesterday and the video was still totally FRAKED! I immediately wrote back to the company and explained that I want them to give me a working unit and I was not going to pay shipping to them a second time as they shipped me another faulty unit. My gosh, couldn't they at least test it before they shipped it to me?! Anyway, here I go again trying to get a company to actually ship me a working web cam for the second time in a row after I just purchased it. There is obviously a quality control problem here. If Apple can ship millions of iPods, iPhones, and iPads with miniature high quality cameras, then Blue Microphone should be able to do the same. Maybe Apple sucks up most of the quality cameras out there. Still, I am not letting them off the hook. I find it interesting that they have these kinds of issues and Apple actually sells this product on the online Apple store. I will keep y'all posted.
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this doesn't work out I may try out Macally's latest webcam.

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=364

The video specs are the same as the eyeball 2.0; however, you obviously will not get nearly the sound quality which is phenomenal with the eyeball 2.0. If Macally is selling a product with equivalent video specs as the eyeball 2.0 there is no excuse for Blue Microphone not being able to deliver a product with working video. The Macally Megacam is also a driverless usb 2.0 webcam with equivalent resolution and frame rate.
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Blue Microphone gets another chance. I was proactive and took a screen shot of the kind of image I was getting from the eyeball 2.0 on facetime. I emailed that to Blue Microphone support and requested a non-defective unit and that they pay shipping for this second defective unit. I received a response this morning apologizing for the problems. They are shipping me out a new eyeball 2.0 that is supposed to be personally tested by the tech with which I am in contact as well as a return shipping label for the defective unit. Let's see how this works out. I don't know if I should get my hopes up at this point, but their prompt and courteous response makes me believe they deserve my patience. I think they need to fire their Chinese manufacturer!
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I am at a loss as to what to do. I received the new eyeball 2.0 from Blue Microphone today. The person I corresponded with told me she was going to check the webcam herself before she shipped it to me. Well, I plugged it in and got the same crappy slow and laggy image from the webcam. This will be the third camera I try from them. I think I should make this a three strikes your out situation. What a bummer.
caulktel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does anybody know what WebCam to use with the new Minis and 10.7.2? I've been wading around the net trying to find out and keep running to a brick wall. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a WebCam. I really want to try out FaceTime and get back to Skype as well.
iPhone 4S 16GB
caulktel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if you own a iSightless Mac your outa luck on the webcam. For every one that I find that supposedly works on a Mac some of the reviewers say they don't work with Lion, some say they do. Logitech refuses to admit that Mac computers even exist yet they are the largest manufacture of webcams. So the long and the short of is: "You buys your ticket you takes your chances". The one you buy might work or it might not, if you find one that does, PLEASE let the rest of us know so we don't have to buy ten cameras to find one that might work. Thanks for listening to my rant.
iPhone 4S 16GB
caulktel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting the Logitech c 110 and it works great!
iPhone 4S 16GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: