123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MacHeist Offers nanoBundle 2 Software Bundle
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: MacHeist Offers nanoBundle 2 Software Bundle Reply with quote

MacHeist Offers nanoBundle 2 Software Bundle
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

MacHeist has taken the wraps off their nanoBundle 2 software bundle, which looks to offer seven applications valued at more than $260 for $19.95. The applications being offered in the bundle are MacJournal, RipIt, Clips, CoverScout, Flow, Tales of Monkey Island, and RapidWeaver. This bundle will be offered for the next seven days, with Tales of Monkey Island and RapidWeaver being unlocked after 50,000 bundles cross the checkout counter. So, if you've recently been looking to buy any of these applications or just want seven new applications to monkey around with, now might be a good time to make your purchase.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1458.html
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy it just for RipIt if you don't own it already.
iLife's a Bitch!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great bundle.

I like the idea of the "Clips" application. Way too often I wish I could copy multiple things to the clipboard and then retrieve them.

Anybody play the Monkey Island game? Is it any good?
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much in it for me this time. I already have RipIt, MacJournal and RapidWeaver from other bundles. Launchbar does the clipboard thing for me and I don't play any games so I'm not really interested in Monkey Island nor am I in CoverScout. So that only leaves Flow which only slightly interests me.

Saying that though, I am a bit of a bundle junkie so I haven't ruled out not buying the bundle but I'm just waiting now to see what Apps they throw in to spice things up later in the week when sales start to drop. They usually do throw a couple of surprises in later and the suspended package on the main page hints at two, or maybe four extra apps to come.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Zuma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Anybody play the Monkey Island game? Is it any good?

It's a great adventure and puzzle game. I would give the demo a try first though to see if it's up your alley.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have Ripit and Coverscout, so I'm going to skip on this one. I know the old Monkey Island from Lucas Arts used to be quite fun though.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: MacHeist Offers nanoBundle 2 Software Bundle Reply with quote

I'm very interested in getting RapidWeaver for a good price, but I don't know what this means...
admin wrote:
....with Tales of Monkey Island and RapidWeaver being unlocked after 50,000 bundles cross the checkout counter.

Do I only get 5 apps (not including RapidWeaver), if 50,000 copies of this bundle aren't sold? Confused
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales of Monkey Island is unlocked at 50,000, RapidWeaver will unlock at the next unlock level (maybe 75,000)

I've never seen a bundle not unlock yet John, If in a few days the bundle isn't looking like it will hit 50k sales then usually some extra apps get thrown in the pot. If sales still fail to reach targe, then on every other bundle I've seen the targets quickly get modified so the app unlocks.

I think the first bundle that fails to unlock all the apps will be the last one as nobody would ever buy again. I think there would also be some people chasing them with legal challenges for claims such as "7 Apps for ...."

ufauxreal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about Ripit. If I rip a DVD on my iMac, once it is done, can I somehow transfer that DVD over to my laptop? The reason I ask is I would most likely use all the apps in the bundle on my iMac, but would like the ripped DVD on the laptop when I travel. I don't want to buy two bundles.

Thanks.

JB
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufauxreal wrote:
I have a question about Ripit. If I rip a DVD on my iMac, once it is done, can I somehow transfer that DVD over to my laptop? The reason I ask is I would most likely use all the apps in the bundle on my iMac, but would like the ripped DVD on the laptop when I travel. I don't want to buy two bundles.

Thanks.

JB

You don't really need the full Video_TS rip on both computers. Just rip the DVD on your iMac and convert it to H.264/MEPG-4 with HandBrake. Then transfer the file over to your laptop.
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't even need to convert the file if you don't want to, the Video_TS file will play through the DVD player. However if you do transcode as WheelSpinners suggest you'll save a lot of space. Most Video_TS files will be around 7GB and most compressed files will be closer to 1GB. Ripit is now testing its own compress mode, but I haven't tried it.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripit will rip the entire disk, Menu's and all. It doesn't give you the option to extract just the main title.

You'll quickly run out of space on your laptop copying full disks. So it would be better to use Handbrake and re-encode the files to reduce the size.

ufauxreal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your replies. I've just downloaded Handbrake to my iMac and will also download it on my MBP. Once I've viewed the videos I will delete them so they don't consume too much HD space. But.... how to I re-encode the files? (Please reply in simple terms... I'm not as computer savvy as you young 'uns).

JB

Cypher wrote:
Ripit will rip the entire disk, Menu's and all. It doesn't give you the option to extract just the main title.

You'll quickly run out of space on your laptop copying full disks. So it would be better to use Handbrake and re-encode the files to reduce the size.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I've never seen a bundle not unlock yet John, If in a few days the bundle isn't looking like it will hit 50k sales then usually some extra apps get thrown in the pot. If sales still fail to reach targe, then on every other bundle I've seen the targets quickly get modified so the app unlocks.

I haven't either. To be honest, I think they are just baiting people in and building excitement for the more valuable applications. It's probably all a part of the deal. Those sales numbers could all be rigged anyways. Who really knows?
JayMax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufauxreal wrote:
Thanks to all for your replies. I've just downloaded Handbrake to my iMac and will also download it on my MBP. Once I've viewed the videos I will delete them so they don't consume too much HD space. But.... how to I re-encode the files? (Please reply in simple terms... I'm not as computer savvy as you young 'uns).

JB

Cypher wrote:

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_mac/

This is what I use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: