123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Reports First Quarter Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Apple Reports First Quarter Results Reply with quote

Apple Reports First Quarter Results
Monday, January 25, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2010 first quarter ended December 26, 2009. The company posted revenue of $15.68 billion and a net quarterly profit of $3.38 billion, or $3.67 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $11.88 billion and net quarterly profit of $2.26 billion, or $2.50 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 40.9 percent, up from 37.9 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 58 percent of the quarter's revenue.

"If you annualize our quarterly revenue, it's surprising that Apple is now a $50+ billion company," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "The new products we are planning to release this year are very strong, starting this week with a major new product that we're really excited about."

Apple sold 3.36 million Macintosh computers during the quarter, representing a 33 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The company also sold 8.7 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 100 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. And 21 million iPods during the quarter, representing an eight percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter.

You can listen to the conference call here for more information.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1429.html
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A major new product! I wonder what that could be? Rolling Eyes
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Apple comes out with a time machine on Wednesday. I want to go back in time and cancel my sell order for the stock. You guys don't even want to hear what I sold it for on that day. What was I thinking?
iLife's a Bitch!
Fazzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Reports First Quarter Results Reply with quote

It looks like updating the iMac and Mac mini was a good thing after all. Perhaps they should do it more often. Razz
somefreak90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should've bought a couple of their stocks yesterday when they dropped by $10. Too late now...
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somefreak90 wrote:
Should've bought a couple of their stocks yesterday when they dropped by $10. Too late now...

It could be sell the news on Wednesday though. I think it could go back below $200 with that and a broader market pullback. I actually think Apple is a risky buy at these levels. At so least over the short term.
iLife's a Bitch!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are going to find that after apple announces the 1000 price tag for there tablet that the stock is going to dive bomb..

how ever it might recover for the fact we are finally going to find out where the iphone is heading next t-mobile verizon??

of course if it heads verizon we are looking at a whole new iphone again because verizon phones use dcma where t-mobile and at&t do not.
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
I think you are going to find that after apple announces the 1000 price tag for there tablet that the stock is going to dive bomb..

OK, so they announced the $499 price tag... still think the stock will tank? I don't think so. Now would be a good time to buy IF you believe the iPad will take off and you turn out to be right six months from now.
Active: Mac Mini (OCT 09) 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz, 500 GB HDD
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacDSmith2 wrote:
macmanmacman wrote:

OK, so they announced the $499 price tag... still think the stock will tank? I don't think so. Now would be a good time to buy IF you believe the iPad will take off and you turn out to be right six months from now.

What do you think will happen to the stock tomorrow? I bet it goes down $2-3 to $205.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
What do you think will happen to the stock tomorrow? I bet it goes down $2-3 to $205.

It looks like I underestimated. It went down to $202 Smile
That's almost a 3% drop overnight.
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock dipped upon the announcement of the iPad, then rose again at the mention of the $499 price point. I don't think you can read anything into it in one day. If you think the iPad will sell, now is the time to buy because the stock will go up in the third quarter if your right. Of course, if it doesn't sell ...
Active: Mac Mini (OCT 09) 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz, 500 GB HDD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: