123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CenterStage 0.5 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: CenterStage 0.5 Released Reply with quote

CenterStage 0.5 Released
Monday November 21, 2005

The CenterStage Project today released CenterStage 0.5. "We are happy to announce CenterStage 0.5. The next development version of the Mac Media Center. There is a bunch of new features. We are very excited about this release since it gives skin developers as well as module developers a much better base to work from. And we have already started to see some third party skins and modules in the works. We are planning to add sections on the site for skins and modules in the near future," notes Conny of the CenterStage project.

New features in this release include: a new Photo module (with inline slideshow); a Music module; module transitions (Quartz Composer-based); on-screen display; zoom in full screen playback; resolution switching in the preferences; and more.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/396.html
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music just spins with a beachball. My library isn't that big. I only have around 2400 songs. I let it sit for around 15-20 mintues. Has anyone else got it to work?
NeoGeo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music is ridiculously slow. I thought it might take a while to import your music the first time. I restarted the Mac mini, relaunched CenterStage, and it took just as long. I hope Apple releases a stable version of Front Row soon. IMO, this app has a long way to go.
resuna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: The big feature is skins? Reply with quote

http://www.jwz.org/doc/linuxvideo.html

Scroll down to the first comment. I am in full agreement with this proposed technology too.

PS:
Quote:
Minimum System Requirements
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

Great, now I have the choice between an even crummier Finder* with its caponised Spotlight-based search that doesn't actually search all my files, or downloading the source and back-porting this to Panther.

Or, maybe, cancelling the download and doing something more useful like playing solitaire. With real cards.

* I want Jaguar Finder back.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: The big feature is skins? Reply with quote

resuna wrote:
http://www.jwz.org/doc/linuxvideo.html

Scroll down to the first comment. I am in full agreement with this proposed technology too.

This just in! Apple adds skins to iTunes. Wink
iLife's a Bitch!
resuna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, since iTunes implements the OS X GUI itself instead of using the standard libraries (presumably so they can do the right thing on Windows as well) it's got a lot of brokenness in common with skinnable apps, including not following changes in the OS theme...

(themes are not like skins, they change the whole user interface consistently and have to behave compatibly with the standard UI for standard apps to work, so they don't have the "don't work right" problems that skinnable apps do)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: