123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just bought a second netbook.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Just bought a second netbook. Reply with quote

I totally forgot about this section in the forums. I am hooked on the netbook. I can't justify a iTablet device when I can have a netbook that runs OSX, Win7, or Linux for under $250. Last month I bought a used 10" Acer Aspire for $100 on Craigslist (it was pink lol). Now my wife has a pink 10" netbook running "my favorite OS" . The build on the Acer's is pretty crappy by the way. I just purchased a refurbished Dell mini 10v netbook for $211.85 delivered. This will be delivered on Friday and be dual booting "my favorite OS" and Win7 on Saturday. Laughing
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! What if they price the unicorn tablet at $212 though. Wink

I'm just kidding of course. I seriously doubt it will come in under five bills.

I love my S10 IdeaPad to death. That said, I'm looking to replace it with an S12 with ION when they start coming down in price. I've been cruising the Lenovo outlet and a couple other places looking for refurbs for the last few weeks, but haven't been able to find one. Where did you end up getting the Dell 10" for that price? It sounds like a great price.

I also hear you about running multiple and full operating systems. I'm as anxious as the next person to see the unicorn tablet, but I have a feeling it's going to be running iPhone OS and super tied into iTunes. I could sort of care less about a device like that these days. Plus, I already own an iPhone 3Gs.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_Tex wrote:
Cool! What if they price the unicorn tablet at $212 though. Wink

I'm just kidding of course. I seriously doubt it will come in under five bills.

I love my S10 IdeaPad to death. That said, I'm looking to replace it with an S12 with ION when they start coming down in price. I've been cruising the Lenovo outlet and a couple other places looking for refurbs for the last few weeks, but haven't been able to find one. Where did you end up getting the Dell 10" for that price? It sounds like a great price.

I also hear you about running multiple and full operating systems. I'm as anxious as the next person to see the unicorn tablet, but I have a feeling it's going to be running iPhone OS and super tied into iTunes. I could sort of care less about a device like that these days. Plus, I already own an iPhone 3Gs.

Ordered it straight from the Dell outlet. With a %15 coupon I found online. The Dell refurbs are like the Apple one's. New packaging and in immaculate condition.

I too have no interest in the unicorn tablet. It will be at least $599 so as to not cannibalize the top end ipod touch sales. If it is $499 they will have to drop the iTouch prices considerably.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Just bought a second netbook. Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
(it was pink lol)

Maybe you dangle a set of testicles off your laptop bag. Like the kind you see hanging from a rednecks trailer hitch.

I'm not sure which emoticon to use after that
is it
Shocked
this
Confused
or
Crying or Very sad
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Just bought a second netbook. Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
(it was pink lol)

Maybe you dangle a set of testicles off your laptop bag. Like the kind you see hanging from a rednecks trailer hitch.

I'm not sure which emoticon to use after that
is it
Shocked
this
Confused
or
Crying or Very sad

Classic! I will put a link for these because I thought they only had these in Montana. Of course where you live Bandit it is probably more widespread.
http://www.bumpernuts.com/
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Just bought a second netbook. Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
Of course where you live Bandit it is probably more widespread.
http://www.bumpernuts.com/

Sad to say, that I have probably seen about 25 trucks on the road with them so far. I don't see them as often, now that they have been out for a while, but you can still go into any truck accessories shop (here) and buy a pair.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dell Inspiron Mini 10v arrived today $211.85 delivered from Dell. Runs 10.6.2 like a dream :l Poor man's Macbook. I mean "hackbook." Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: