123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Holding Special Event on January 27th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Undo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
I don't think Apple will disappoint on having a tablet. I just think some people will come away disappointed with the features, operating system or cost of the device. I mean, expectations are so high for this thing. How can it ever live up to all of them?

Agreed. The expected Apple tablet is overhyped. It's not going to be able to do anything a laptop can't do and you'll have to hold it constantly in order to use it.

Of course I haven't seen one yet but doubt it's going to be a very big deal after the first six months. A glorified game player, movie player, ebook reader is all I can imagine it being. I have little use for any of those things since I can already do them better on my laptop computer if so desired.
bolfings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like a Touch, with camera and microphone for recording. Same price as it is now -
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bolfings wrote:
I'd like a Touch, with camera and microphone for recording. Same price as it is now -

The iPod touch may be put on the back burner for a while with a new tablet out there, but you gotta think that will happen sooner or later.
ma5ter5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrt1 wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
What does everyone think of the iTunes "cloud" rumor?

I already stream practically every song ever made to my iPhone, Mac and PC. It's called Rhapsody. I would ditch that service and come over to Apple if they beat them at $12.99 a month though.

Considering Apple bought Lala.com, the cloud is only a matter of time.

All the colors would suggest an update to the iPod lineup, but thats not a very scientific guess, really. They have to put the camera on the iPod touch sooner or later, and maybe having color options for the shell?

MBP has to be updated, as the 13" MacBook practically beats the current intro 13" MBP.

Of course, none of my predictions would warrant an event like that which is scheduled.
iPod Touch 2nd gen 32gb (dead, stupid washing machine incident)
iPod nano 1st gen 4gb
Undo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors are just a pop art creation and Apple is inviting to come see our "creation." This is kinda rare, when Apple actually says they have a new creation to show us.

There's little doubt it's a tablet of some kind, otherwise I think Apple would have denied it by now. I expect minor updates to some software and maybe a camera on the iPod touch. But it's unlikely any Mac hardware will be shown at this event, unless the tablet turns out to be a Mac.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undo wrote:
There's little doubt it's a tablet of some kind, otherwise I think Apple would have denied it by now.

Laughing Rolling Eyes

like Apple comes out and denies every rumor, or is it just the REALLY BIG rumors Laughing
Undo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Undo wrote:
There's little doubt it's a tablet of some kind, otherwise I think Apple would have denied it by now.

Laughing Rolling Eyes

like Apple comes out and denies every rumor, or is it just the REALLY BIG rumors Laughing

They have denied rumors on rare occasions, like pre-holidays when they don't want sales hurt by rumors. I can't think of a specific example at the moment.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undo wrote:
They have denied rumors on rare occasions, like pre-holidays when they don't want sales hurt by rumors. I can't think of a specific example at the moment.

I was trying to think of some examples too, but I couldn't think of any. Apple was even pretty tight lipped regarding Steve's health and people were almost demanding that Apple reveal info.

I just can't see Apple coming out and either verifying or denying a product rumor. Stock prices go up, anticipation goes up, Apple gain's everyone's attention. Why pop the bubble, even if it's not true? What does Apple have to gain?
Undo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Undo wrote:
I just can't see Apple coming out and either verifying or denying a product rumor. Stock prices go up, anticipation goes up, Apple gain's everyone's attention. Why pop the bubble, even if it's not true? What does Apple have to gain?

They've pretty much shot down the possibility of a Mac netbook. Except for that, the only example I can think of was around last October when they said in the face of rumors that their product line was "set" for the holidays. You're right, there's probably no point denying a rumor unless the rumor is hurting sales of an existing product.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ma5ter5 wrote:
All the colors would suggest an update to the iPod lineup, but thats not a very scientific guess, really. They have to put the camera on the iPod touch sooner or later, and maybe having color options for the shell?

Those color options could also be for the shell or back of a tablet. Idea

But to be honest, I think it's just a play on Apple being artistic and creative in designing the new device. Nothing more, nothing less.
somefreak90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iSlate, here we come!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like the names iSlate or iPad names for some reason. The first one isn't horrible, but the latter sounds like some kind of feminine hygiene product. It just seems like something too easy to goof on for them to pick. Call me crazy, but I think they may dump the "i" at the beginning of this one from the start. It will just be know as the "Apple Slate", "Mac Slate" or something like that.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I don't really like the names iSlate or iPad names for some reason.

I think iSlate is ridiculous. It sure doesn't sound high tech. I can't see replacing all of my high tech devices with something that I'd imagine Fred Flintstone using.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
devo wrote:
I don't really like the names iSlate or iPad names for some reason.

I think iSlate is ridiculous. It sure doesn't sound high tech. I can't see replacing all of my high tech devices with something that I'd imagine Fred Flintstone using.

Yeah, I can see him and Mr. Slate in the rock quarry doing inventory now. Oh well, meet my new avatar if they go with it.

If they go with the "i", I like iTablet. It's direct and to the point like the iPhone. I wouldn't mind seeing them go retro and use Newton either. That would be classic! Cool
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are already leaked video's of the islate prototype on youtube and both of my news sources where i live at says apple is anouncing the islate and that the price tag is $1,000.

this is coming from several news sites and news on the tv.

but here is the issue i still find with this whole islate deal.

1. if it is truly 1,000 have fun selling one to anyone when the windows touch tablets are currently being sold for 699.99 to 1,000 depending on who made it.

2. all tablets have there flaws this one may be no usb meaning no installing your own applications to the unit....

3. most likely the islate will communicate with itunes only....

if this becomes the case no thank you.....

Remember why Ibm Touch computers have failed..

to expensive

replacement parts that cost a arm and a leg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: