123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone kinda pwned on SNL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squonk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

Don't rub it in JB. Having that on top of universal healthcare is hard for us to handle or comprehend. Wink

I hear that the "Big Book of British Smiles" has been referred to quite a bit over there during all this healthcare debate Very Happy <- Big British Smile

I still don't have an iPhone despite it being the one phone that might just persuade me to spend more than about £20 on a mobile. To be honest, the cost is still putting me off. I would love to have data access wherever I go in a handheld device, but not willing to spend £30 a month (or whatever) to get it. Plus, having recently been burgled I don't want to make myself even more of a target for theft. I heard that O2 offer an insurance plan for the iPhone which costs £15 a month. My insurance for my entire home and contents isn't a whole lot more than that Laughing
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squonk wrote:
devo wrote:

Don't rub it in JB. Having that on top of universal healthcare is hard for us to handle or comprehend. Wink

I hear that the "Big Book of British Smiles" has been referred to quite a bit over there during all this healthcare debate Very Happy <- Big British Smile

Well, there's plenty of ammunition for that debate...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=lack+of+nhs+dentists

Squonk wrote:
I still don't have an iPhone despite it being the one phone that might just persuade me to spend more than about £20 on a mobile. To be honest, the cost is still putting me off.

I've kept my ancient Nokia 3310 on its PAYG tariff and bought an iPhone Touch.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Wow if the coverage area's are so different why the hell did Apple go with AT&T Shocked

That map is bull, AT&T has coverage in areas Verizon just doesn't, more so than the inverse, that's only a map of 3G coverage, a map only recently created, also the iPhone didn't have 3G at first so voice and EDGE coverage was more important. The whole reason Verizon only recently started those adds is because they just had finally had something to compete with 3G and use to pursuade the simple masses who don;t actually research.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying an Andriod phone when my contract is over with AT&T. Well, unless iPhone 4.0 blows me away and they offer a CDMA based model for Verizon. Then I might end up staying in the Apple fold, at least for another 2-years. Your move Mr. Jobs. Smile

Last edited by Ben Tex on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_Tex wrote:
I'm buying an Andriod phone when my contract is over with AT&T. Well, unless iPhone 4.0 blows me away and they offer CDMA based model for Verizon. Then I might end up staying in the Apple fold, at least for another 2-years. Your move Mr. Jobs. Smile

Verizon was given first chance, but they want too strong of a death grip on their devices they wouldn't accept Apple's terms. I just hate Verizon for their extremist control of their devices and that was actually a major complaint my parents had.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: