123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frequently hum sound in WindowsXP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rends

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Frequently hum sound in WindowsXP Reply with quote

Hey,
my first post here.
I just got my new Mac Mini and i´m realy happy with it. I was a PC user before but had a Mac 12 years ago.
I installed WindowsXP on the boocamp partition yesterday and now i notice a frequently hum sound.
It happens about 1 time per minute and last for a half second.
If i should describe the sound it would be like plug/unplugging speakers to a stereo music system.

It doesn´t make the sound in MacOS X but in WindowsXP only.

Rends
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like it could be the fan.

Generally speaking XP requires a bit more processor capacity so that causes a bit of warming.

Thing is, after having used PC boxes for years, I couldn't believe how quiet Macs were.

The silence as they say was deafening.

It made me notice things that ordinarily would have been drowned out in the clatter of my PC laptop or desktop machine Shocked

Nowadays, I can hear a pin drop when I am using my Mac.

Whereas before, a whole box of them on the floor and I would have barely noticed. Wink

Aqua

PS Welcome aboard.

Hope you stick around.

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
Rends

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i don´t think it´s the fan because the hum sound comes out of the external speakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: