123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AppZapper 2.0 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: AppZapper 2.0 Released Reply with quote

AppZapper 2.0 Released
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

AppZapper has announced the release of AppZapper 2.0, a major update to their application uninstaller for Mac OS X. This version of the software adds a new user interface for Snow Leopard. It also adds a Hit List feature (shown below), which allows you to visually browse all of the applications on your computer. There's also a new MyApps feature that allows you to store and manage application serial numbers. AppZapper 2.0 is priced at $12.95 and requires Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1413.html
velocitytrap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are "hit list" and "My apps" included in the appzapper? If so it looks like a pretty sweet update to a sound program.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

velocitytrap wrote:
Are "hit list" and "My apps" included in the appzapper? If so it looks like a pretty sweet update to a sound program.

Absolutely. They are new features built into the app.

Command + 2 = Hit List

Command + 3 = My Apps

The My Apps feature is realy cool. I like how the icons show up, flip over and pop out of the window. I know it's just eye candy, but it's pretty cool.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice release, but I'll probably just stick with AppCleaner.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use AZ all that often, but I'm impressed with the work the developer did on this release from an interface standpoint.
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wondered why Apple doesn't build something like this into OSX. Drag the app icon to the trash. Give option to delete associated files. Done.

I personally haven't used any of these programs. At this point in time, I just type the name of the file into Spotlight and then manually delete the files.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a great product. It's nice how it finds all the files associated with a single program - even works with complicated installs like Adobe CS4. The feature that lets one store serial numbers is nice too - It's just not secure enough, so others may be able to see the numbers (but I suppose you can require a password for AppZapper to start).
JustAnnuthaDewd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may just have to buy this app for the icon alone. LOVE IT!
JustAnnuthaDewd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played with the app a little... it certainly is convenient to use. But one major downside I see to it is that it doesn't touch prefs and whatever else related to the app being zapped that are in another user's library. They really should address that. An app-zapping feature is included in Tinkertool System and it can whack everything from all user accounts if desired.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a surprise email to say I'm entitled to a free upgrade as a previous Macheist 2 purchaser. Cool
I assumed being a 2.0 release it would have been a paid upgrade.

I also have a coupon code for $3 off which is valid until Friday if anyone is thinking of buying. PM me if you want the code.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
JustAnnuthaDewd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
Seems like a great product. It's nice how it finds all the files associated with a single program - even works with complicated installs like Adobe CS4. The feature that lets one store serial numbers is nice too - It's just not secure enough, so others may be able to see the numbers (but I suppose you can require a password for AppZapper to start).

I like how they have icon preview of the stored apps for serial numbers, but the included fields are just too limited. I use a freebie called Pastor. It has more fields if needed (I have at least 2 apps that have 3 required fields for registration) and you can store a lot of other info for convenience. It's also provides one-click copying of your codes.
MacScout67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with JustAnnuthaDewd. That part of the app looks great, but I like using 1Password for storing serial numbers. It's just more complete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: