123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trouble with win 7 home premium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cogriff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: trouble with win 7 home premium Reply with quote

I've searched and read through a number of topics to no avail so if this is a repeat I apologize.

I have a 2007ish mac mini core2duo 2.0Ghz with 2G RAM running OS leopard 10.5 with all updates.

I just built another machine (PC) and got a 64bit copy of win 7 with. I figured I would put it on my mac and set up a home group for sharing media. I know I can't take advantage of the 64bit with only 2G RAM but the point is I have the software in my hand so why not use it, better than XP. I thought my mac mini was 64 bit capable. I've used boot camp to restore my mac to a single partition to remove my old win XP, re-partitioned it with 32G of space but when I go to install win 7, boot camp says I need to insert a 32 bit authorized copy of windows. No mention of 64 bit. I tried putting the 64 bit version in anyways and when the mac reboots I get a black screen and it says to select cd rom type 1 or 2 and I can't do anything.

anyone have any ideas. Is my mac 64 bit capable? and if so how do I get boot camp to allow me to put it on.

Thanks for your time.
cogriff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I've solved the cd rom boot type issue. here is the link:
http://mactyler.com/technology/how-to-make-a-windows-7-64bit-mac-compatible-dvd/

now I have another problem. The disc is recognized and I get the "windows is loading files" black and white screen. then I get the bar with the green blocks telling me it's loading then just a black screen. it never gets to the windows install part.

any thoughts on this one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: