123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! mac mini and tv :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasongarza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: HELP! mac mini and tv :) Reply with quote

Hi, I have a sony 50 inch projection tv model number KDF-E50A10 when i connect my mini to the tv through the pc input on the back of the t it does not fill the screen i read in another post to use displayconfigx to change the resolution i messed with that until i changed the resolution to a resolution the tv can not display now i can not see anything and the tv was my only monitor any idea on how i can change it back second any ideas on what resolution to use to get it to fill screen do you think that using a dvi to hdmi cable would help i really don't know anything about this any help would be awesome thanks jason
jasongarza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i broke down and just formatted the mini so now i can see it but does anyone know how to make it fill the screen while researching i saw someone else with the 60 inch version of my tv so i know it is possible thanks jason
WJKramer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in this too. I have the exact TV that you mention, the Sony KDFE50A10. When you get it figured out post you results.

I plan on using a DVI to HDMI cable in my hookup. It would work perfect with my HD video input Switcher.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasongarza wrote:
well i broke down and just formatted the mini so now i can see it but does anyone know how to make it fill the screen while researching i saw someone else with the 60 inch version of my tv so i know it is possible thanks jason

Is this the guy? Have you tried what he suggested?

http://tenant.com/mini.php
iLife's a Bitch!
poisonfist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set the output to 720p using DisplayConfigX which should fill the screen properly, since it seems your tv supports 720p. Next time you set your screen res to an unsupported resolution, you should restart your computer in safe mode by holding down the shift key when booting up.

328i sport package
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: