123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Button and the Apple (wired) keyboard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SStreet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Power Button and the Apple (wired) keyboard? Reply with quote

This will tell you how long its been since I had a Mac, my last Mac had a power button on the upper right of the keyboard?

Has this been completely removed or can I hold the space bar (like my old PC junker) to fire it up?

Mac Mini 1.42GHz, 1G, 80G/4200RPM
numediaman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Apple keyboards no longer come with a power button. Why? I don't know. But I'm in the same boat as you . . . the last time I bought a Mac desktop was back in 1996 -- an 8600 PowerMac. Someone probably can tell us when (and why) they dumped the power button.

The worst part is that they put the power button for the Mini in the back -- how silly. In my opinion, the mini should be powered up by voice command. Say something like "PCs suck" and the mini would fire right up!
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

numediaman wrote:
In my opinion, the mini should be powered up by voice command. Say something like "PCs suck" and the mini would fire right up!

I don't have a problem with PC's...It's windows that is just nasty. (and I HATE when people ASSUME windows when they say "PC")
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Say something like "PCs suck" and the mini would fire right up!"

RLMAO!

I'm not crazy about the button location myself but it does keep the front clean. Tell me this wouldn't be cool! The Apple logo on top is the power button and it would light up. It could be either a real button or touch sensor.
casiop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
"Say something like "PCs suck" and the mini would fire right up!"

RLMAO!

I'm not crazy about the button location myself but it does keep the front clean. Tell me this wouldn't be cool! The Apple logo on top is the power button and it would light up. It could be either a real button or touch sensor.

I'm suprised no one has made the top of the case or just the Apple badge light up with a mod yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: