123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elgato Releases EyeTV 3.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Elgato Releases EyeTV 3.3 Reply with quote

Elgato Releases EyeTV 3.3
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Elgato has announced the release of EyeTV 3.3, an update to their DVR software for Mac OS X. This version of the software adds the ability to stream EyeTV content from your Mac to an iPhone using Elgato's new Live3G web application. It also runs the H.264 video decoder as a 64-bit process now, which reportedly improves playback performance on Intel-based Macs with 64-bit processors by 10-20%. There is also a new "Drop Field" deinterlacing option in the Display preferences of EyeTV. This option is recommended for users who want to enjoy HDTV on a slower computer.

Read more...

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1402.html
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
There is also a new "Drop Field" deinterlacing option in the Display preferences of EyeTV. This option is recommended for users who want to enjoy HDTV on a slower computer.

That isn't doing much for me at fullscreen on a CD Mac mini in Snow Leopard. Still got some major stutters going on. I guess it's time to upgrade Mac minis. I keep putting that off. Laughing
don731

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cannot get this to work on my setup. My 2009 mini is connected via ethernet to an AEBS that is in bridge mode, and the AEBS is connected via ethernet to my router. MobileMe works fine. UPNP and the correct ports are open, and my iphone sees the mini, but won't connect. The eyetv software on the mini tries to test the connection, but always fails. I'd love some suggestions as to different strategies to get this to work. All software is up to date. My slingbox works fine on this setup. Elgato has been no help.

Don in Chicagoland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: