123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets see your Windows 7 Experience scores?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Lets see your Windows 7 Experience scores? Reply with quote

Here are mine:

Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you meant experience .... as in experience...like...how I found my use of Windows 7.

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
DonCarlos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here's mine. I think I lost most of my points when it came to the graphics, since my mini was built in 2007 and has the old 945 graphic chipset.

EXT. HD:Lacie D2Quadra-1TB and WD Studio 2TB
Sometimes wish this mac would crash, or screw up or break, so I can get a newer one and upgrade my OS , but "Oh Well".
MalzyWheels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquafire wrote:
I thought you meant experience .... as in experience...like...how I found my use of Windows 7.

Aqua

I did too. And, boy, do I want to rant! Twisted Evil

Bollox is frigging right.
1961 HH Scott 299C integrated Amplifier (7591 Output Tubes)
B&W DM302 speakers
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine in BootCamp Windows 7 64bit.

Smallwheels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Not So Great Reply with quote

For months I've been doing some reports at the end of my work shifts. I don't work there very often and don't spend much time on the computer. The computer is an Acer 2.8 GHz Dual core Pentium. Until recently I though I was using Vista. That is mostly because the Outlook program was always open and it has the graphics of a really old version of Windows (whatever came before XP). I just go to the report file and fill in my reports.

This computer is slow. When I type it takes the computer a moment to display the letters being typed. I was surprised to learn it was a Windows 7 OS. Last night I got some time to play with it. The whole thing just goes so slow that I can't believe it is a new OS. I couldn't get videos to play on, of all places, the Microsoft web site!

I've read that most people like Windows 7 and that it is a big copy of OSX. Apparently the one on the Acer is either flawed or something is wrong with the computer. The hard drive only has text files on it and two sample videos. The photos section has only the sample images. The drive is nowhere near being full. Why would it operate so slowly?

I'd be let down if I owned this computer. I actually was looking forward to experiencing Windows 7 on my next laptop. Now I'm even less interested in getting a new Windows OS. My Linux OS started working better on my HP after the last update. It is so much easier to navigate than Windows 7. It's getting to the point that I might never want to use a Windows OS again.

My Windows 7 Experience is 1.

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's infested with certain background processes that are stealing processor time?

My previous peecee was a 3.2GHz P4 with XP. The first thing I did when it was on the desk was reinstall the OS with a format of the HDD. No matter what that thing was a slug. My user experience was horrid. It was better under the Win7 beta, but overall it was a slug. However it ripped DVDs fine thanks to AnyDVD HD!

So yeah, maybe check the process manager deal and see if you can see if something is going on in the background.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: