123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$4 Mac Mini Case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinemafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: $4 Mac Mini Case Reply with quote

Ya'll might remember my $5 Mini Case thread, well, today I do you $1 cheaper.

I give you, the MiniSakā„¢!

I was in OfficeMax buying a USB hub and came across this 'Munchsak', which is actually made by the same company as the one I bought before (California/Baby Innovations). The differences with this one are that it has a much more ergonomic, padded hand strap, a zippered front pocket, and a folding/velco top closure instead of a zipper.

I find the velco closure to better than the zipper because for one it makes for a better center of gravity when carrying it, and it leaves some gaps for warm air to escape when I put my Mini in it right after powering it down. The front pocket is cool, if a little narrow. Forget jewel cases though, it barely fits a naked CD/DVD.

So, IMHO, much better looking and much more functional than my $5 bag (which, I guess, I will now have to use to actually carry my lunch in...?), and all for $1 less. If you don't already have a bag to carry your Mini in, get thee to OfficeMax (or wherever they sell these things) and buy one. Now!

Last edited by cinemafia on Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini Munchsack. You better contact the USPTO ASAP! Laughing
tdmckee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - great idea! What do you do with the power cord?
cinemafia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh not to worry, the power brick & cord fit in there too.
slickrick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't that girl on the tag in Nathan's hot dog eating contest? Laughing Those bags for the Mac mini are way overpriced. I don't see anything wrong with using something like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: