123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ipod linked to hifi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundzen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: ipod linked to hifi Reply with quote

hi ipod lovers,

i have an hifi system and my amp only as the AUX entry for RCA cables (red plug and a white plug)

if i purchase an ipod nano what kits/dock/cables do i need to play my mp3 trought my hifi speakers trough the amp?

lot of music from the net that i dont have the original cd and i dont want to burn them on CDR because the cs player wont recognise it - thx for help Wink

PS: what ipod colour is the sexiest ? LOL
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can buy a lead that is the speaker port connector to the RCA's

http://www.iworld.co.uk/p/Computer_Gear_2m_RCA_Audio_Cable.htm

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
MalzyWheels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a iPod Mini connected to my stereo, so here are my suggestions:

A: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125G/C?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=MTM3NTAxNDc#overview

The dock gives you a dedicated line out via a 3mm jack where you can plug in suggestion C. The line out gives you the proper signal strength and resistance, something which the headphone jack will not. Plus the dock gives you the option to power the Nano from the wall charger and gives you a remote.

B: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB352LL/B?fnode=MTY1NDA4NA&mco=MTM3NDk1MjI

Really optional if you don't mind running the Nano from the battery. But it does give you a charging station away from your computer. (comes with cable that'll connect with the dock.)

C: http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Cable-126130-iCable-iPod/dp/B000068IH5/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257971126&sr=8-13

What you will need to go from the dock to your amp. There are several options you can go with concerning this type of cable, but this is what I use with both my iPod and Airport Express.

Or, If you want to go the inexpensive route, you could try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-4-Feet-Stereo-Connector-Cable/dp/B000JG3WBY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257971595&sr=8-4

I have no experience with this, and its 4' length may be a limitation for you.
1961 HH Scott 299C integrated Amplifier (7591 Output Tubes)
B&W DM302 speakers
soundzen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx a million mazly... that cable monster looks great with top quality products im familiar with on my hifi and that way i can send mp3 trought the headphone jack allowing me to keep the ipod on its dock while charging Wink
soundzen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also this one -less bulky and white - from belkin (famous for its acessories) but more expensive:

http://store.apple.com/pt/product/TN779ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=MTE0MzQxNzE&p=1&s=topSellers
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people might say Belkin is infamous for their accessories.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
MalzyWheels

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundzen wrote:
also this one -less bulky and white - from belkin (famous for its acessories) but more expensive:

http://store.apple.com/pt/product/TN779ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=MTE0MzQxNzE&p=1&s=topSellers

I bought those for my dad's APX. The 3mm plug falls out of the APX's jack, so we have the APX laying on a table with a three prong extension cable, from an old PowerBook power supply, between it and the wall so we can use the Belkin cable...Is that what you're talking about Smithcraft? Laughing
1961 HH Scott 299C integrated Amplifier (7591 Output Tubes)
B&W DM302 speakers
soundzen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well smith, in europe their are selling good as computering & electronics acessories - recently related to apple for being white LOL
soundzen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im keeping my 1ยบ gen IPOD shuffle (usb) for my cycling but im not getting the ipod nano as planned because i had to invest that saved money for a new phone - a E63 with enought space for all my mp3 music!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: