123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our Sharp Aquos looks to be dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Yeah, shopping for TVs, cars and motorcycles is such a downer. Laughing

I just found out something else cool about the Sony LCDs. The 240Hz models have built-in ethernet and Netflix support. I thought it was only on select models before, but it seems to be across the board. That's freaking awesome! Cool

That's cool.

I never really thought about this but the Sony should be able to play with a PS3 as well through HDMI. Meaning... you could control the PS3 with the TV remote, meaning you could probably use a harmony remote or one remote to control everything. If Sony isn't supporting this feature now, they may in the future.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so it begins...

I got the 52" Sony Bravia XBR with a free Blu-ray + iPod system for $1999.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat195300050005&type=category

I don't have it set up, but it's awesome Bandit. It has the same UI as the PS3. It also has Amazon, Widgets, Netflix and DLNA, so my wife will be able to stream from her Windows 7 laptop directly to the TV. I just need to run ethernet cable through some walls. I was using wireless before with the PS3.

The picture was really sweet too. I was actually going to go with the 46" for $1699 for a second, but said screw it. I could be dead in ten years. Laughing

Better get to work!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff. Very nice indeed.

I'm glad Sony got rid of the picture frame design from a few years back. It turned a lot of people off. That TV has a nice bezel.

Enjoy.

One thing that you may not have noticed in the store is the XBRs actually sound very good on their own. I know you got the speaker etc. Just thought I'd point that out as no other TV will compare.

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Albert80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer Sonys are awesome with a capitol A. I've had my 46" XBR for a couple months. I can't think of anything negative to say about it. Hope yours treats you as well.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Wish I had waited for the XBR or Z Series Bravias to come down in price. I bought a V Series at the same price they are selling for now. And it doesn't have near the feature set of those TVs. Sad
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm falling more and more in love with this one everyday. The web stuff is really cool. I have no idea who would buy an Apple TV with this stuff build right into a TV. Apple might be sunk if all TVs come like this in the future.

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm glad Sony got rid of the picture frame design from a few years back. It turned a lot of people off. That TV has a nice bezel.

I'm not a fan of glossy plastic, but the bezel on this TV looks really nice. It's like a double shot plastic with black and silver behind the clear frame. This really smoothes out the finish. Some of the other TVs out there look to have ripples in the plastic. That can be annoying with the gloss and glare. It does have a backlit Sony logo on the front though, but you can turn it off in the preferences. My wife actually likes it turned on though. She thinks it looks cool.

Bandit Bill wrote:
One thing that you may not have noticed in the store is the XBRs actually sound very good on their own. I know you got the speaker etc. Just thought I'd point that out as no other TV will compare.

Yeah, they sound pretty tight. I could see myself getting by without a speaker system.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I should have never bought this TV last weekend. I've done nothing this weekend but sit on my ass watching football and movies. Smile
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Man, I should have never bought this TV last weekend. I've done nothing this weekend but sit on my ass watching football and movies. Smile

Good, sounds like you bought the right TV. It must be a fantastic TV, being you already had a good TV.

Isn't your thanksgiving coming up? You'd better go for a walk Smile
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it, dev, I see you already love it. I have an LG story, (will never buy one again,) which is quite long. Perhaps I can share sometime. I'm happy with the 37" Panasonic I have down in the den. Up here in my man room, I picked up a cheap 32" from Wally World that works just great. I've hooked my mini up to it so I do all my work from my comfy chair.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
I have an LG story, (will never buy one again,)

In the store, we used to refer to LG as LIFES' GARBAGE.

I mistakenly own an LG refrigerator. It's working okay for now but the one it replaced was a recall. They can't even make a refrigerator properly, never mind a TV.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:
I have an LG story, (will never buy one again,)

In the store, we used to refer to LG as LIFES' GARBAGE.

I mistakenly own an LG refrigerator. It's working okay for now but the one it replaced was a recall. They can't even make a refrigerator properly, never mind a TV.

I have an LG dishwasher, works fine and my wife and I have LG cell phones, but after the TV experience, I will not buy another LG product.
Will post the story shortly.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Good, sounds like you bought the right TV. It must be a fantastic TV, being you already had a good TV.

Isn't your thanksgiving coming up? You'd better go for a walk Smile

The Sharp was a nice, but we never had one this big before. The picture wasn't quite as nice either.

Yeah, Thanksgiving is coming up on the 26th. I've been getting a good workout at work though. I kinda just need the weekends to unwind now. Stress levels are also higher around here, so that should help keep the weight off as well. That being said, it could also kill me. It's going to be a long, long, long spring.

Bobaloo wrote:
Good luck with it, dev, I see you already love it.

Thanks! I'd like to hear about that LG one of these days.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

Bobaloo wrote:
Good luck with it, dev, I see you already love it.

Thanks! I'd like to hear about that LG one of these days.

OK, I'll post the story shortly...
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Yeah, Thanksgiving is coming up on the 26th.

That's very close to Christmas, you barely get a chance to finish up the left over turkey and you're at it again. I assume most Americans have turkey on both occasions.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party, but due to the link provided, great TV. I only buy Sony TVs. For a while a lot of TVs I bought just had problems connecting to the PS3. My PS3 was just furious with other brands. I've wondered if it purposely broke the other TVs Laughing
I had went through 4 Samsungs and a Panasonic before landing with a Bravia. All the Samsungs were either DOA (dead or defective screens). The Panasonic just plain sucked.
After so many problems with the Samsungs, the sales manager sold me the Bravia at the Samsung price. Which saved me $450 off the retail price at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: