123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Intros Aluminum Remote Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmjb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Aluminium remote Reply with quote

pmjb wrote:
scooper wrote:
pmjb wrote:
Woohoo! I just received confirmation from Apple my new remote should arrive tomorrow. Usually 10 am for TNT deliveries in the burbs in sunny Brisbane. Excited! Clearly nothing happening in my life.........

pmjb

Take a picture of the new and old one together. I'd like to see the difference in size. Smile

sure, no worries scooper

pmjb

and the photos are at the address below ........not very good pics but I think you get the idea. The new remote works well, the centre button still works as play/pause....interesting.

I was getting inconsistent results with Plex but once paired with Remote Buddy, all is good. The new remote is very very light in the hand. Hmm I like it a lot already.

I haven't been over to Remote Buddy to see if there maybe any extra functionality gained from the new button configuration. But as I said above the centre button still acts as play/pause, I'm not sure if that is Remote Buddy or Apple?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmjb

pmjb

Last edited by pmjb on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
pmjb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Aluminium remote Reply with quote

pmjb wrote:
pmjb wrote:
scooper wrote:
pmjb wrote:
Woohoo! I just received confirmation from Apple my new remote should arrive tomorrow. Usually 10 am for TNT deliveries in the burbs in sunny Brisbane. Excited! Clearly nothing happening in my life.........

pmjb

Take a picture of the new and old one together. I'd like to see the difference in size. Smile

sure, no worries scooper

pmjb

and the photos are at the address below ........not very good pics but I think you get the idea. The new remote works well the centre button still works as play/pause....interesting.

I was getting inconsistent results with Plex but once paired with Remote Buddy, all is good. The new remote is very very light in the hand. Hmm I like it a lot already.

I haven't been over to Remote Buddy to see if there maybe any extra functionality gained from the new button configuration. But as I said above the centre button still acts as play/pause, I'm not sure if that is Remote Buddy or Apple?

pmjb

Just been over to Remote Buddy as of 30.10.09, Felix was waiting for the new remote to arrive make changes.

pmjb
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Aluminium remote Reply with quote

pmjb wrote:

pmjb

Thanks for posting the pictures!

I didn't expect it to be that much longer. Surprised

Are you liking it otherwise? I would imagine it feels more solid and refined.

I just might order one now after seeing the size diffrence alone. Smile
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks nice! I wasn't sure if the center button was still functional from the pictures. I might have to grab one as well.
pmjb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Happy to post, not a prob. Your're right the remote does feel solid and refined and very very light. The size/length sits nicely and is well weighted in the hand (I considered not posting this comment - its gettin' a little creepy). Hmm, once it was paired with 'Remote Buddy it worked just fine. I was surprised the centre button works as well....go figure. Having said that I hope under 'Remote Buddy' it might lead to extra functionality. Just waitin' for Felix to weave his magic. Definately worth the money. A pretty good use of all that left over aluminium from the macbooks......

pmjb
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmjb wrote:
The size/length sits nicely and is well weighted in the hand (I considered not posting this comment - its gettin' a little creepy).

Yeah, that doesn't quite sound right. Laughing

I'm still getting one though!

I'm not sure what they'll be about to do with Remote Buddy. Wouldn't the two buttons be sending out the same command by default?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: