123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's tried Windows 7?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saul wrote:
Just to be clear - the Windows 7 upgrade license says "All editions of Windows XP and Windows Vista qualify you to upgrade." (I'm reading off the box I bought)

Sure, your entitled to an upgrade, but at a price.

In the words of Animal Farm "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

saul wrote:
instructions say for XP uses to "Save your files and settings on an external hard drive using Windows Easy Transfer" and to later restore with the same utility. It sounds like Migration Assistant to me minus the app move.

But again, why treat the Vista crowd with a one button do all transfer scenario, while XP users are told to lug coal over a mountain?

saul wrote:
tried to clean up its act with Vista but the users wouldn't go along. Now W7 has its own virtual XP to take care of those users' issues.

Hardly incentive, since people already have their own legitimate copy of XP. Besides, unless this inbuilt version carried all the drivers they need for their particular machine, it would be a waste of time.

It would have made more sense if they had made the transition to W7 equal for all users, regardless of being Vista, Xp or even 2000 users.

That would have meant that Windows users would have migrated on mass.

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
Cupillac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally have Windows 7 installed.

Nice OS, boot camp works great!
I downloaded the student offer had a few hangups while installing. had to burn a .iso in order to do a clean install.

Feels like Vista lite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: