123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KlaasVisser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

After many years with PC's, and starting with an Apple TV six months ago, an iPhone four months ago, and a Mac Mini two weeks ago, I'm now doing most of my stuff on a Mac. Until I can afford to get a Mac version of Photoshop or Lightroom, the PC still is in use for that (as well as a fileserver for the network).

Upgraded the mini to 4GB - great performance boost.

Having a lot of fun playing with the new apps (have had a reasonable amount of exposure to FreeBSD and OpenBSD unix systems, so the environment is not brand spanking new Smile ).
86Ace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for making such a site as this. Soon I'll be making the big leap by selling my Gateway for a brand new macbook and, after getting a look-see at this Mac mini (which brought me here in the first place) I can't waite to see what sort of potential I can discover and make use of.

Once again, thank you.
skwisgaar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad I found this site. I sold a G5 dual 2.0 tower late last year. In the meantime I've been using my wife's iMac. I just ordered a Mac Mini to (hopefully) replace an Apple TV.
Rascal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Mac just showed up today! Love it so far. Thanks to this site I purchased a mac mini. What a great little computer. I went with the 1.83/1gb/80gb hdd refurb it didn't break the bank and don't need a real fast computer. Thanks for this message board. I learned so much!
DarkEnergy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am a new Mac Mini user! Smile

It's my first mac ever, and i really like it. Especially the eyecandy of OSX! It totally blows away Windows XP in both usability, and performance. Also using it as a mediacenter is perfect. And I like the small size of it!
foxeth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

ive joined up to here as im seriously thinking about getting a Mini, im a music producer and some help would be great. I will post a new topic about that anyway.

Looking forward to meeting you all, take it easy
Fox
strollin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm a long-time IBM/Wintel geek (started with an IBM PC in 1984) and just bought my first Apple, a 2.0 Ghz Mac Mini.

I'm extremely comfortable with Windows so I thought I would try something new to add a little adventure. Very Happy

I'm not an Apple fanboy and am not easily impressed. So far the Mini is interesting but I'm not wowed by it.

Setup was mostly typical, however, I was mildly impressed that it connected so easily to my router and existing Windows network.
abelleung

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learn a lot from 123Macmini.com over 1 year, just completed the registration today and thanks you all.

MAC mini 1.83Ghz, 4GB, 80GB
SAMSUNG F2380
iPod touch2 16G
MacNutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all! Just bought a Mac Mini after my PC finally died. I was tired of all the instability and virus problems on my PC so I decided to make the jump to a Mac. Plus I recently swithed to an iPhone and have been very impressed with the Apple hardware and software. Now I just have to learn all the ins and outs of the Mac world so I thought I would join this site for some advice.
soundzen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: > new mac user! [soundzen] Reply with quote

hi all mac lovers, im new here but not to apple... had a macbook 13" but it was 6 years ago but work and autocad mantained me inside MS ambient... typing from a XP pc as i wait my new mac mini (see sig) my 1ยบ small apple for my desktop plugged to a 22" screen. since i have a LG laptop i can run autocad on it and other microsoft progs that are essential to my work, leaving clean my mac mini and lighter also! cant wait to try out the snow leopard since the last i tried a OS was tiger but the macbook 13" heated so much and the graphic board was so basic that autocad drawing program was a pain to run trought parallels dektop! my new mac arriving next week will be 100% internet and webpage that i will enjoy creating with ilife09! i will ask a lot of questions so bear with me please and help convert this MS into a green juicy apple fan - thanks! alexa from portugal! Wink
ed-hawco

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello folks. I'm semi-nOOb on Mac (I used to have an iBook, but I used it mostly just as a web terminal) but a in August 09 I finally packed in my aging XP machine and bought a Mac mini.

I got a 2.26 Ghz Mini with 1 GB RAM that I upgraded myself to 4 GB. I got the one with the smallest HD (120 Gb) because the 320 isn't big enough. (I know that doesn't make sense, but wait for it...) I also got a 500 GB FW 800 external drive from OWC that I use as my data drive. The built-in drive is just for the operating system and an archive of software downloads. I also have second 1 TB external drive that I use only as a backup machine.

So far so good! I've had a few problems, but 99% of them are just a matter of getting used to the Mac way of doing things. (Seriously? Ctrl makes so much more sense than Command as a KB shortcut key because it's right at the edge of the KB. I cannot get used to pinching my fingers together in order to hit Command and X or C or V...)

Anyway, I'm glad I found these forums. I'll be poking around!
Ed Hawco | www.blork.org
soundzen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE DO POKE AROUND, hehehehe welcome - like you i ask a lot of questions and got all the right answers from this folks - great forum! enjoy.
Drakbots

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Well, im making a partial switch from PC to mac, very excited, im getting a mac mini soon. Cant wait to recieve it and get settled in. Mainly looking to use it for recording music at a reasonable quality, and doing abit of schoolwork. I planning on making it my main desktop, and buying a pc laptop until i have money for a macbook. happy to be apart of the community!

Heres my soon to be baby:http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Mac-mini-MC239LL-Desktop/dp/B002QQ8CC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260291541&sr=8-1
marle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

just got my Mac mini last Friday from online apple store... and..

I REGRET!!!
I REGRET that i dont use Mac since 10 years ago!!! Should have migrated to Mac earlier T__T

Awesome Computer, took only 5 min from unboxing, connecting all cable and ready to use.. all peripheral included 24inch HD Philips LCD monitor, HP printers, home wifi, all connected hassle free. unlike previously owned windows vista pc...

been 3 days and love it.. getting used to it and learning curve is not that hard...

AWESOME!
Tilpots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy. Looking forward to my Mini purchase in the next few weeks. I'm joining so I can pester you folks instead of a bunch of different sales people! At least you are all volunteers... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: