123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Software Updates for Magic Mouse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Software Updates for Magic Mouse Reply with quote

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released the Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 for Snow Leopard and Leopard via their Software Update utility and website. According to the release notes, this update allows users to take advantage of the special features of the Magic Mouse. The update for Snow Leopard weighs in at 63.92MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.1. The update for Leopard weighs in at 36.22MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1361.html
Zuma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered it the day after they were announced. Am I alone? Sad
idave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sort of a bummer. I thought 10.6.2 would be needed to enable the Magic Mouse.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame the didn't add support for Expose and rotating pictures. I could probably live without rotate, but the lack of Expose is kinda holding me back from buying one.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered on announce day, not shipped yet.
Confused, how come the ones on display at Best Buy worked if the software is out today?
I will miss expose. holding onto my Mighty M in case I don't like the Magic M.
fiat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
It's a shame the didn't add support for Expose and ...

Hey, Weee. I don't use mighty mouse, but am wondering how it works on Expose? I use a wireless mouse (came with a wacom tablet) that can activate dashboard widget when the central wheel is pressed. Didn't find any way that could activate Expose, but there maybe some hidden feature like mighty mouse ... who knows? If you can describe the way mighty mouse works, may be ... my wireless mouse can too? Thanks for your sharing.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiat wrote:
Hey, Weee. I don't use mighty mouse, but am wondering how it works on Expose? I use a wireless mouse (came with a wacom tablet) that can activate dashboard widget when the central wheel is pressed. Didn't find any way that could activate Expose, but there maybe some hidden feature like mighty mouse ... who knows? If you can describe the way mighty mouse works, may be ... my wireless mouse can too? Thanks for your sharing.

I don't know how many mouse buttons you have fiat, but you can assign or change your buttons for Expose and Dashboard in System Preferences -> Expose & Spaces.

fiat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

I don't know how many mouse buttons you have fiat, but you can assign or change your buttons for Expose and Dashboard in System Preferences -> Expose & Spaces.

Devo, thanks so much. I got it. My mouse has 3 buttons, so just press the right button (secondary), Expose is activated. Nice!
Zuma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
I ordered on announce day, not shipped yet.

Mine is still preparing for shipment. It's not looking good, but I hope it gets here before the weekened.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine shipped Oct 28.
TechnoCrat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Releases Software Updates for Magic Mouse Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released the Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 for Snow Leopard and Leopard via their Software Update utility and website. According to the release notes, this update allows users to take advantage of the special features of the Magic Mouse. The update for Snow Leopard weighs in at 63.92MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.1. The update for Leopard weighs in at 36.22MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1361.html

Am I the only one curious why a update for snow leopard comes after the the release date of the mouse?? Hello SL was released a time ago and would have expected the software updates to be up to date with the hardware release.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiat wrote:
Devo, thanks so much. I got it. My mouse has 3 buttons, so just press the right button (secondary), Expose is activated. Nice!

No problem! I couldn't live without it from the mouse.
pmjb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, My new Magic Mouse arrived this morning........Fantastic! Love it so much I have ordered another one for our macmini in the lounge room (lucky macmini). Scrolling is amazing, two-finger gestures (hehe) work well. I do agree I miss expose on the mouse, but I just started using the keyboard key on F3, does the job. The new magic mouse feels much lighter than the old wireless mighty mouse. Hmmm feels goooood.

pmjb
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the Magic Mouse has the technology in place, but three finger gestures up and down for Expose would be awesome. I bet a lot of Mighty Mouse hold outs would switch then.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Leopard, I don't see a mouse update, do I need it.
the magic gets delivered tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: