123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Reports Fourth Quarter Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Apple Reports Fourth Quarter Results Reply with quote

Apple Reports Fourth Quarter Results
Monday, October 19, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2009 fourth quarter ended September 26th, 2009. The company posted revenue of $9.87 billion and a net quarterly profit of $1.67 billion, or $1.82 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $7.9 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.14 billion, or $1.26 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 36.6 percent, up from 34.7 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 46 percent of the quarter's revenue.

"We are thrilled to have sold more Macs and iPhones than in any previous quarter," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We've got a very strong lineup for the holiday season and some really great new products in the pipeline for 2010."

Apple sold 3.05 million computers during the quarter, representing a 17 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The company sold 10.2 million iPods during the quarter, representing an eight percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 7.4 million iPhones in the quarter, representing seven percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter.

You can listen to the conference call here if you're interested.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1348.html
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the stock is like over $200 after hours. I will forever kick myself for not buying Apple in the 80 dollar range. Crying or Very sad
iLife's a Bitch!
YesHD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Michael Dell once say that Apple should sell the company and return all the money to shareholders? I don't really have anything against Dell, but who's laughing now Michael?
Huff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let's get those new Macs out now. Smile
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold more than half when they were around $145 to purchase gold coins. ...at least I have something shiny to stare at lol. o well, I'm so dumb.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have invested in Apple instead of more Coppola wine this quarter. Smile

Apple seems to be on cruise control now when it comes to making money. If this recession/depression can't slow them down, what will?

Last edited by devo on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Wow, the stock is like over $200 after hours. I will forever kick myself for not buying Apple in the 80 dollar range. Crying or Very sad

No I'm forever kicking myself for not buying it in January 2000 it was $14.85 a share. I could have bought 2000 shares, but this is before iTunes and the 1st iPod! Sad
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the game is you have to produce something unique in any business in order to make money, either that or you need a monopoly. Microsoft has a monopoly on the PC makers through OEM contracts. But Apple has unique products which they control independent of any one else (except Intel). The PC makers on the other hand have only their dependence on both Intel and Microsoft to define their markets. As long as Jobs stays alive, Apple is in good shape.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:

No doubt Smile I told my girlfriend to buy at $167 before the big bust and then again at 80. Either way she'd be laughing now.

I'd personally buy some Apple stock but I can't afford the risk at the present time.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacDSmith2 wrote:
As long as Jobs stays alive, Apple is in good shape.

What about a deep freeze like Walt Disney? That's has to be good for at least $180 a share. Wink

I think Apple is a better software than hardware company these days, but I hear you on the rest.

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'd personally buy some Apple stock but I can't afford the risk at the present time.

I hardly if ever buy individual stocks on the open market. I just don't have the time to following things closely enough to feel safe.
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I hardly if ever buy individual stocks on the open market. I just don't have the time to following things closely enough to feel safe.

I used to be rich in AOL stock. Then the dot com bust happened. Didn't get out in time. Yes, you need to spend the time to watch the market carefully... now I have to save up for my Mac Mini's...
castaway

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Apple releases some updates today. Then I can contribute to their next quarterly earnings with the purchase of a new Mac mini. Smile
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see Apple booming and Wall Street coming back, but there is a total disconnect with Main Street. I know a lot of people that have been laid off over the last few months, myself included. Sad
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple store is down. Wink
2nd gen. iPod shuffle (1 GiB)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: