123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flip4Mac WMV Player 2.3.0.14 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Flip4Mac WMV Player 2.3.0.14 Released Reply with quote

Flip4Mac WMV Player 2.3.0.14 Released
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Posted by: Kenan

We posted some news a couple weeks ago about the Flip4Mac WMV Player 2.3.0.11 Beta adding support for Snow Leopard. Well, that support has come out of beta now with the release of the Flip4Mac WMV Player 2.3.0.14. This version of the software officially adds support for Snow Leopard and includes a number of other improvements. Here are some of the highlights and other tidbits mentioned in the release notes:

- Audio encoding and decoding is now handled by CoreAudio.
- Components now support multi-threaded applications.
- Added 64-bit support to the WebKit plugin and the Flip4Mac WMV Preference Pane.
- Opening WMV files from the Finder now finds the latest version of QuickTime Player.
- QuickTime Player X has removed export functionality to all formats other than standard Apple formats, including WMV. If you need this functionality, Apple continues to provide QuickTime Player 7.
- Safari 4 now runs in 64-bit mode by default, which causes Flip4Mac WMV to run with limited functionality. However, you have the option to run Safari in 32-bit mode.
- Local files now import in the background by default so that your movie is available for viewing almost immediately. If you prefer the previous behavior, this can be changed on a per-application basis in Flip4Mac WMV by going to System Preferences > Flip4Mac WMV > Player and clicking the Advanced button.
- The installer now includes a browser plug-in for Microsoft Silverlight, which allows you to play Smooth Streaming video content. This is installed by default. To disable its installation, click the Customize button on the Installation Type pane and uncheck the Microsoft Silverlight Plug-in option.
- Fixed bug that prevented ASX streams from playing in Firefox 3.

The Flip4Mac WMV Player 2.3.0.14 weighs in at 19.7MB and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1346.html
pmjoe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Now I'll have to watch every time I update to make sure Silverlight does not get installed.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmjoe wrote:
Ugh. Now I'll have to watch every time I update to make sure Silverlight does not get installed.

Why did you install it then? It's not required.
iLife's a Bitch!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
pmjoe wrote:

Better yet, what's it matter?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
g5g5 wrote:
pmjoe wrote:

And Better, Better yet....who uses Windows Media files anymore? Wink
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
hackersmovie wrote:
g5g5 wrote:
pmjoe wrote:

And Better, Better yet....who uses Windows Media files anymore? Wink

(For me, it's only to stream Netflix movies on my Mac's. The only way to do it is with Silverlight, which I've been using for months with no issues.)

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:

(For me, it's only to stream Netflix movies on my Mac's. The only way to do it is with Silverlight, which I've been using for months with no issues.)

I was just about to say the same thing. I would install anything to get Netflix and to have it on Boxee. I haven't had like any troubles with it either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: