123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMUG's Super Mac Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: AMUG's Super Mac Mini Reply with quote

AMUG's Super Mac Mini
Friday November 4, 2005

AMUG has released more information and benchmarks for its Super-mini project. "Until recently the Mac mini Centris Drive Dock was the home of the AMUG Mac mini 3.5" hard drive project. However, the discovery that the Addonics SATA to IDE Converter (ADSAIDE) could be used in combination with the IDE Adapter to utilize 3.5" SATA hard drives with the Mac mini re-activated interest in the AMUG Super-mini project. While using the Maxtor 300GB SATA hard drive with the Apple Mac mini has huge performance advantages, it also creates more heat than the original Western Digital 200GB previously used in the Centris Drive Dock. I placed a Radio Shack CPU cooling fan (273-248) under the Centris drive tray and it reduced the Maxtor 300GB temperature from 122 degrees to 115 but I wanted even better cooling results. Unfortunately, plastic cases do not cool as well as aluminum," notes Arthur Whalem.

This is definitely another cool Mac mini project from the folks over at AMUG. Wait until you see the Super-mini's Xbench scores!

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/388.html
ba747heavy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the stylish-yet-functional Mini case? Laughing

Looks very nice. I need me some of that.

FC
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the front of the case looks rather cool when it's all together.
dynamic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite the speed increase.

If there was a pm g5 mini case available that was a hub as well im sure quite a few would seriously look at it. There was a thread on some japanese company not long ago but there design was just "pm g5-esque" and just placed the mini on its side.
andp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really cool mod! It would be neat if they could consolidate the power buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: