123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VMware Releases Fusion 2.0.6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: VMware Releases Fusion 2.0.6 Reply with quote

VMware Releases Fusion 2.0.6
Friday, October 2, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

VMware has announced the release of VMware Fusion 2.0.6, an update to their virtualization software for Intel-based Macs. According to the release notes, this version of the software includes the following improvements:

- Fixes multiple issues when running VMware Fusion 2.0.x on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (32-bit kernel mode)
- Provides improved 3D performance on Macs with NVIDIA graphics cards running Mac OS X 10.6
- Contains fixes for more than 20 bugs

VMware Fusion 2.0.6 weighs in at 193MB and requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later. It's a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 1 and Fusion 2 users. For new users, VMware Fusion 2 is priced at $79.99.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1333.html
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have not added Windows 7, I hope they do that soon.

...I know 7 can run by selecting Server 2008 or Vista; but it's not perfect, it be nice if they actually had a Windows 7 environment.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't having any Windows xp or Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) issues with version 2.0.5 on Snow Leopard, but an upgrade specific to Snow Leopard is nice. One consequence of doing the upgrade was having to then upgrade the VMware Tools package in each of my virtual machines.

Last edited by Fox on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
WahWahWatson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Fusion feels as snappy in Snow Leopard. It also takes longer to load Windows XP from a Boot Camp partition. It like hangs while loading the tools for quite some time. During this time, my mouse totally freezes up too. I've actually given some thought to reinstalling both operating systems, but I'm not sure if that will help.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WahWahWatson wrote:
I don't think Fusion feels as snappy in Snow Leopard. It also takes longer to load Windows XP from a Boot Camp partition. It like hangs while loading the tools for quite some time. During this time, my mouse totally freezes up too. I've actually given some thought to reinstalling both operating systems, but I'm not sure if that will help.

Not sure about VMware, but on your Boot Camp partition, a 64-bit OS may be more responsive, it'll take full advantage of the hardware. ...not sure if you'll be in the market for Windows 7, but if you are, I would suggest one of the 64-bit versions - I think I'll get the Business version for my Mac.

...just an observation I've made on Mac's, and even PC's.
WahWahWatson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
Not sure about VMware, but on your Boot Camp partition, a 64-bit OS may be more responsive, it'll take full advantage of the hardware. ...not sure if you'll be in the market for Windows 7, but if you are, I would suggest one of the 64-bit versions - I think I'll get the Business version for my Mac.

...just an observation I've made on Mac's, and even PC's.

I actually pre-ordered a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium while they were on sale for $49. I'm pretty sure it comes with both (32bit and 64bit) versions on the same disc. I'll probably just reinstall both (Snow Leopard and Windows 7) at that time. I'm thinking the clean install of Snow Leopard would have been better for me anyways.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VMware just announced a new version 3, which will not be available until October 27. Read the details here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: