123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Apple Keyboard and Mouse Hit the FCC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: New Apple Keyboard and Mouse Hit the FCC Reply with quote

New Apple Keyboard and Mouse Hit the FCC
Friday, October 2, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Engadget is reporting that a new Apple wireless keyboard and mouse have hit the FCC for approval. The part number of the new keyboard is A1314. It appears to be smaller than the current wireless keyboard, but not much else is known. The part number of the new mouse is A1296. Again, not much else is known, but rumors are suggesting that it will feature multi-touch technology.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1334.html

Last edited by admin on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god! I hate the Mighty Mouse in its current form.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping they might add a trackpad to the next keyboard. It doesn't look like that's going to happen now with it being smaller. Sad
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That figures. I just bought a wireless Mighty Mouse a couple weeks ago to replace a broken down Logitech. I got it at the same time as a new Mac mini. Now, both of them are probably going to be updated this month. I have like the worst timing. Laughing
Gator Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black backlit keys would be tight. Cool
Harmory & Apple remotes
2 X FreeAgent Desk for Mac drives.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlit keys would be cool. I can't wait to see what they look like!
jordanthenerd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't this mean that the new iMac's (and minis) will still be a long time away, as if the keyboard is still awaiting for approval, they probably haven't started mass producing it.

Most people are expecting an event within the next few weeks, but it may still be months away.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the current keyboard, it's the Mighty Mouse that could be better. The Mighty Mouse, regardless of which I use, and no matter on which Mac, the scrolling doesn't work so well, and the Bluetooth has issues sometimes.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't like about the current mighty mouse wireless is that the tracking is so slow. I got to move my arm all the way across the desk it seems to get it to barely move the cursor. Even if I set it to the fastest it's real slow. I love the feel of the mouse just can't stand the tracking and will not use it because of this. If they fixed that I would buy one.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordanthenerd wrote:
Wouldn't this mean that the new iMac's (and minis) will still be a long time away, as if the keyboard is still awaiting for approval, they probably haven't started mass producing it.

Most people are expecting an event within the next few weeks, but it may still be months away.

I think it takes them like 8-12 weeks. That being said, I think the wireless Mighty Mouse showed up like this on the FCC website and they announced it a couple days later.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
What I don't like about the current mighty mouse wireless is that the tracking is so slow. I got to move my arm all the way across the desk it seems to get it to barely move the cursor. Even if I set it to the fastest it's real slow.

I'm going across two 24" displays and my wireless MM tracks pretty fast. I'm just sitting one notch over towards fast. Setting it the entire way over sends the cursor into hyperspace.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:
What I don't like about the current mighty mouse wireless is that the tracking is so slow. I got to move my arm all the way across the desk it seems to get it to barely move the cursor. Even if I set it to the fastest it's real slow.

I'm going across two 24" displays and my wireless MM tracks pretty fast. I'm just sitting one notch over towards fast. Setting it the entire way over sends the cursor into hyperspace.

Now I am wondering if something is wrong with mine. It works fine except for the slow tracking. I am using some real cheap rosewill mouse now that tracks real fast that is corded. I literally have to go off my mouse pad to use the wireless apple mouse unless I pick it up. I've set it to max speed and it's barely doable for my preferences. I wish I could get it to work for me it's very comfortable I think. Plus I like the tracking ball being able to go left and right to scroll.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
Now I am wondering if something is wrong with mine. It works fine except for the slow tracking. I am using some real cheap rosewill mouse now that tracks real fast that is corded. I literally have to go off my mouse pad to use the wireless apple mouse unless I pick it up. I've set it to max speed and it's barely doable for my preferences. I wish I could get it to work for me it's very comfortable I think. Plus I like the tracking ball being able to go left and right to scroll.

Yeah, there might be something wrong with it. I don't know when you bought it, but maybe you should call Apple. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try another one. Especially considering what we paid for these bloody things.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:

Yeah, there might be something wrong with it. I don't know when you bought it, but maybe you should call Apple. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try another one. Especially considering what we paid for these bloody things.

Yeah it sounds it. Thanks for the info I got this one from ebay and assumed it was the way it was. Maybe I will wait for the new one. They are expensive that is for sure. My rosewill was 5 bucks LOL. It will work for now.

Edit: It may actually be my model its the A1197 I dont' think that is the latest one from apple. The website appears to have a different model number available.MB111LL/A)
MacScout67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Apple mouse with multi-touch gestures would be pretty neat. Like for scrolling, rotation, and enacting Expose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: