123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

speeding up your mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: speeding up your mini Reply with quote

i have the following set up inorder to maximize the speed on my mac mini. i am interested in other peoples feedback or suggestions to get fastest set up possible. i have a 1.42 mhz, 80 gig hd with 1 gig memory (apple). boot off of la cie 250 mini firewire hd. system 10.4.3. using safari speed 1.3 to get rid of page loading delay. no open dashboard. i leave about 4 apps open that i use a lot inorder to access them fast. with this set up i tunes and quicken open in less than 1 sec. safari yahoo home page opens in 2 seconds and excel notebook files open in 1 sec. xbench 1.2 result was 42 (kind of average according to them). my system seems chrisp and trouble free. maybe this set up is good for others and i would be interested in suggestions for improved speed. Evil or Very Mad
3balls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, get the new imac. you can see from my specs what i've done, but the novelty is wearing off. my imac is shipping in three days. ordered a 2mb stick today from muskin, so it should fly !!!!
3balls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opps...make that "mushkin".
boneca

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3balls wrote:
ya, get the new imac. you can see from my specs what i've done, but the novelty is wearing off. my imac is shipping in three days. ordered a 2mb stick today from muskin, so it should fly !!!!

you got me a little worried now. I was just about to overclock my mini. You saying your system wearing off?
3balls

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, it's working fine. i've had no problems of any kind. just want something faster. that's why i bought the new imac.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: