123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Bluetooth and Hard Drive Firmware Updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Bluetooth and Hard Drive Firmware Updates Reply with quote

Apple Releases Bluetooth and Hard Drive Firmware Updates
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released the Bluetooth Firmware Update 2.0.1 via their Software Update utility and on the Web. According to the release notes, this update provides bug fixes and better compatibility with the Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard. It installs on all Macintosh systems with Bluetooth based on the Broadcom chipset. The Bluetooth Firmware Update 2.0.1 weighs in at 1.78MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later.

Apple also released the Hard Drive Firmware Update 2.0 today. This update reduces certain infrequent noises made by 7200-rpm drives that shipped with the June 2009 MacBook Pro. It weighs in at 3.71MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1289.html
iDiggyDog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2.0 update didn't make a difference with my MM or keyboard. They were still disconnecting for no reason. I hope this one works out better.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! I never even got an update. Says I'm all up to date. Go figure.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
HA! I never even got an update. Says I'm all up to date. Go figure.

It really just means we have older Mac minis with the possibly more reliable CSR chipset. I think the 2009 Mac minis have one from Broadcom though. I know for sure my MatteBook Pro does.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of my Mac's got the updates, they're Intel based and running OS X.
MalzyWheels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's really weird is that last Wednesday, when I powered my Mini for the first time, there was a Bluetooth firmware update in software update, so I installed it. Is this another one, or was I sucked in by a tear in the space/time continuum and am a week ahead of myself? There is no update today. Does my Bluetooth have to be on for software update to know that I have Bluetooth?
1961 HH Scott 299C integrated Amplifier (7591 Output Tubes)
B&W DM302 speakers
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalzyWheels wrote:
What's really weird is that last Wednesday, when I powered my Mini for the first time, there was a Bluetooth firmware update in software update, so I installed it. Is this another one, or was I sucked in by a tear in the space/time continuum and am a week ahead of myself? There is no update today. Does my Bluetooth have to be on for software update to know that I have Bluetooth?

My Bluetooth is on, on all the Mac's, but no update, so I don't think powering it on will help much. I do remember a Bluetooth update in June, and if I'm not mistaken, when I got the 13" MacBook Pro a few weeks ago, it did prompt me for an update as well.

I suppose we shouldn't worry, if we need the update I'm sure Apple will push it to our systems Smile
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have anything showing up for my 2009 Mac mini, which is strange considering that it uses the Broadcom chipset. I specifically remember installing the 2.0 update a couple months ago. And here's what gets me mad, my Apple keyboard has been dropping out like a mother since 10.5.8. Mad
epic_ed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing for me, but here's what I have showing in System Profiler. What do you guys have?

Quote:
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.1.8f2
Hardware Settings:
Edward's Mac mini:
Address: xxxxxxxxxxx
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Firmware Version: 180 (367)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Yes
HCI Version: 4 ($4)
HCI Revision: 367 ($16f)
LMP Version: 4 ($4)
LMP Subversion: 8628 ($21b4)
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Macintosh Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 3670276 ($380104)
Device Class (Major): 1 ($1)
Device Class (Minor): 1 ($1)
Service Class: 448 ($1c0)
Requires Authentication: No
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My iMac keeps having Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard issues, they get dropped often, or work really slow. It makes me want to get the wireless Logitech option, or go back to wired Mac mouse/keyboard.

epic_ed, I didn't check the iMac or Mini's System Profiler, but the 13" MacBook Pro has pretty much the same data you posted.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic_ed wrote:
Nothing for me, but here's what I have showing in System Profiler. What do you guys have?

Mine looks the same too.

ESUNintel wrote:
My iMac keeps having Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard issues, they get dropped often, or work really slow. It makes me want to get the wireless Logitech option, or go back to wired Mac mouse/keyboard.

It's driving me crazy! I even thought it was with the batteries at one time. I replaced them with some cheap Rayovacs and they seemed to be shifting around in the chamber. I thought maybe they were losing contact or something, so I replaced them again. It didn't make a difference though. Now I'm thinking about going with the wired set or asking for a replacement. The drops are just happening way too often. That being said, I don't notice any slowdowns like you are while it's actually connected.
cheef

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
I don't have anything showing up for my 2009 Mac mini, which is strange considering that it uses the Broadcom chipset. I specifically remember installing the 2.0 update a couple months ago. And here's what gets me mad, my Apple keyboard has been dropping out like a mother since 10.5.8. Mad

I've got the same keyboard and don't have any drop outs when using it with my mini or MBP. Have you added the keyboard to your favourites in Bluetooth prefs? I believe this helps.
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz, 12GB
MacBook Air 11" 1.4GHz, 4GB
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheef wrote:
I've got the same keyboard and don't have any drop outs when using it with my mini or MBP. Have you added the keyboard to your favourites in Bluetooth prefs? I believe this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have them set that way. When you pick up your keyboard and sort of shake it (the same way the batteries go), do you hear or feel the batteries shifting around? I could swear mine didn't do this at first.
cheef

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not at all.
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz, 12GB
MacBook Air 11" 1.4GHz, 4GB
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheef wrote:
No, not at all.

Dang, mine feel like they a moving around a little bit again. I'm going to call Apple later today and see what they say. I'm glad this sucker has a 1-year warranty. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: