123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon Begins Taking Pre-Orders for Snow Leopard
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm not as excited as most of you. I'll still get it, but hey it's an OS. It launches my apps.

What a party pooper! Wink

I get what you are saying though. I'm excited about Snow Leopard, but not like I was for earlier releases. I really just hope the thing smokes speed wise.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm not as excited as most of you. I'll still get it, but hey it's an OS. It launches my apps.

What a party pooper! Wink

I get what you are saying though. I'm excited about Snow Leopard, but not like I was for earlier releases. I really just hope the thing smokes speed wise.

I guess I am a party pooper. Smile I'm sure it will be fun to play around with Snow Leopard for a few days. However, Leopard is already great. To me it's like getting more dessert, when you've already had a great meal and dessert.

To be honest, I'm more excited about the release of Windows 7. M$ still has a lot of work to do to impress me Smile
NRecob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrt1 wrote:
ESUNintel wrote:
I hope they do Snow Leopard T-shirts like they did when OS X came out Smile

I'll take mine in XL please. Cool

And I hope the Snow Leopard T Shirt is a little better looking than the Leopard one....
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
To be honest, I'm more excited about the release of Windows 7. M$ still has a lot of work to do to impress me Smile

I was actually going to say the same thing. I haven't messed with the beta, so I'm wondering how it really compares with Vista and XP. The reviews seem to be pretty positive so far. I have a copy coming for my wife in October, so we'll see.

NRecob wrote:
And I hope the Snow Leopard T Shirt is a little better looking than the Leopard one....

I'm not sure even sure what those looked like.
NRecob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

I was actually going to say the same thing. I haven't messed with the beta, so I'm wondering how it really compares with Vista and XP. The reviews seem to be pretty positive so far. I have a copy coming for my wife in October, so we'll see.

NRecob wrote:

I'm not sure even sure what those looked like.

You didn't miss a thing believe me. The only reason I remembered it was at the time I was a recent convert and was all excited etc to get my first t-shirt (until I saw it that is). Anyway, surely Apple can do better this time.....
MacScout67

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

I'm a tad more excited about Windows 7 at this point. I could be happy living with Leopard for another next year. I cannot say the same thing about Vista.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strollin wrote:
Same here although I have already ordered my copy since I just bought my Mini and am eligible for the upgrade for $10.

I've just bought my (second) Mini as well... does that mean I get a cheap upgrade too? Confused
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:

I've just bought my (second) Mini as well... does that mean I get a cheap upgrade too? Confused

Yes, http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/campaigns/popup/utd_sl for £7.95
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
JohnnyBoy wrote:

Yes, http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/campaigns/popup/utd_sl for £7.95

I thought they had the Snow Leopard Up-to-Date Program over in the UK. Did you buy yours on or after June 8th Johnny? You're entitled then.
iLife's a Bitch!
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine on the 21st July, so it looks like I'm okay. I'm rather pleased about this -- I usually mis-time my purchases to perfection so that my Mac gets a radical upgrade and a price drop about 14 days after I've bought it... Rolling Eyes
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tru, g5: I clicked the link and gave my details on the "Up-to-date" page. Apple have taken £7.95 out of my account in exchange for a free copy of Snow Leopard.... Laughing
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't sound free enough to me. If my currency converter is correct, our free copies are selling for less on this side of the pond. You should call or write them back and ask them what their policy is for matching the price of free prodcuts. Wink

Just kidding!

Hey, at least you got it at some sort of a discount. It's better than nothing.
iLife's a Bitch!
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Hey, at least you got it at some sort of a discount. It's better than nothing.

Oh, I'm not complaining. Apple never ask me for money when they give out regular OS X and application updates, so I can hardly begrudge them £7.95!
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
Oh, I'm not complaining. Apple never ask me for money when they give out regular OS X and application updates, so I can hardly begrudge them £7.95!

Yeah, that's a good deal all thing considered in this day and age. Hey, are you thinking about doing any upgrades to your new Mac mini? It really zips along with 4GB and a 7200RPM drive. Cool
iLife's a Bitch!
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
Smithcraft wrote:
No discount. I might as well just pick it up at Frys or a local Apple store. Sad

SC

I'm going to get mine directly from Apple, but you could save a couple bucks on the sales tax. That might be something to consider if you're on an extremely tight budget. It also appears to include free shipping. I'm sure Apple will match that online though.

I live in Washington, so Amazon(which is based in Washington) will charge me sales tax. Apple has stores in Washington, so they will charge me the same sales tax.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: