123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon Begins Taking Pre-Orders for Snow Leopard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Amazon Begins Taking Pre-Orders for Snow Leopard Reply with quote

Amazon Begins Taking Pre-Orders for Snow Leopard
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Posted by: Kenan H

Amazon today began taking pre-orders for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on their website. This includes the Snow Leopard Single User for $29, Snow Leopard Family Pack for $49, Mac Box Set with Snow Leopard, iLife '09 and iWork '09 for $169, and Mac Box Set Family Pack with Snow Leopard, iLife '09 and iWork '09 for $229. The company also sent out an email to customers early this morning alerting them to the offer.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Apple's most exciting operating system yet, Snow Leopard is now available for pre-order for just $29. Available in September, Snow Leopard is a truly exciting addition to the Mac OS X line, with half the footprint of previous versions, great new features in Expose & Stacks, quicker Time Machine backup, and faster wireless network interaction.

Snow Leopard: Better. Faster. Easier.

Please note, that only Apple OS X Leopard users are eligible for the Snow Leopard upgrade. Tiger & earlier OS users will need to purchase either versions of the upgraded Mac Box Set. Also, Snow Leopard will only run on intel-based Mac computers.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1274.html

Last edited by admin on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait! I'm going to order my copy from Apple though. I waited around a couple extra days when I ordered iLife '09 from Amazon.
Rob B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope they release 10.5.8 soon. I'm still having video troubles with my 2009 Mac mini and it supposedly fixes an issue with external monitors and coming out of sleep mode. That's exactly the problem I've been experiencing. Sad
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob B wrote:
I just hope they release 10.5.8 soon. I'm still having video troubles with my 2009 Mac mini and it supposedly fixes an issue with external monitors and coming out of sleep mode. That's exactly the problem I've been experiencing. Sad

If that's the case great. Keep in mind that Apple typically comes out with a major update to to the previous OS after a new OS is released.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so it begins. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that Apple is going to start taking orders this week. Maybe we'll get the specific date too.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No discount. I might as well just pick it up at Frys or a local Apple store. Sad

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
No discount. I might as well just pick it up at Frys or a local Apple store. Sad

SC

I'm going to get mine directly from Apple, but you could save a couple bucks on the sales tax. That might be something to consider if you're on an extremely tight budget. It also appears to include free shipping. I'm sure Apple will match that online though.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait! I hope it get released more towards the beginning of September instead of the end, but I'm not sure with that back to school sale only ending on the 8th. Don't know why, but I can't see them releasing Snow Leopard before that sale ends. You just know will be an iPod event around the same time, too.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait, I've been having a lot fun poking around in the dev release!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as excited as most of you. I'll still get it, but hey it's an OS. It launches my apps.
Rob B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
If that's the case great. Keep in mind that Apple typically comes out with a major update to to the previous OS after a new OS is released.

I'm upgrading to Snow Leopard as soon as it comes out, but I was hoping they would release 10.5.8 beforehand. I'm one of those people with the video issues coming out of sleep mode. The screen gets a garbled up and loses sync with the video card. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue with the Nvidia 9400M like Apple had with the GeForce 8600M GT and MacBook Pro. I know they extended the warranty of those products, but a problem like this still concerns me.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted to pre-order it. ...no taxes, and I get free 2-day shipping with Prime, or next day air for about $4.

I think I'll just get it at the Apple store on the release date though. Apple stores are usually fun on OS release days. I hope they do Snow Leopard T-shirts like they did when OS X came out Smile
strollin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm not as excited as most of you. I'll still get it, but hey it's an OS. It launches my apps.

Same here although I have already ordered my copy since I just bought my Mini and am eligible for the upgrade for $10.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strollin wrote:

Same here although I have already ordered my copy since I just bought my Mini and am eligible for the upgrade for $10.

I ordered the $10 versions for the Mini I got my nephew, and for the MacBook Pro I got last month. I still want to get a copy for my Mini and iMac though ...so I'll probably get the family pack.
jrt1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
I hope they do Snow Leopard T-shirts like they did when OS X came out Smile

I'll take mine in XL please. Cool

I'm actually going to pre-order my copy from Amazon and save on the tax. I want Snow Leopard on my Macs, but I don't necessarily need it on day one. They better have it to me on day three though. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: