123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about local get-togethers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Bray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: How about local get-togethers? Reply with quote

As on AVS, thay have a forum for local get-togethers where people can connect to set up meetings locally. I know there are APPLE clubs but if you're not really INTO computers that much but find it nice to get together with a few people, just an idea.
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea, but logistically it would be hard. We're based out of Charlotte, North Carolina (Not exactly the tech hub the world). iChat is another good way to communicate with members.

Brian
123Macmini.com
Bud Bray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but members from various regions could get together. I've attended a couple of Home Theatre get togethers and they were both fun & informative. You get to see and discuss what others have done instead of reading about it. I know that's what the computer clubs are for but I'm sure it would be more inviting for a few people dropping by someone's place than attending a club meeting and feeling out of place. Just my 2 cents.
Bud

So...anyone in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) interested in a get together, let me know.
Cory Cooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,

I belong to numerous forums, and some of the members do arrange local get togethers when they live in the same region or when passing thru. I am sure some folks would be more than happy to meet in person, given the right scheduling/distance.

It's actually pretty fun! iChat is a great way to put a name with a voice/face...I do a couple of podcasts in which we use iChat.

C
VT N0362 2x2 G5; 4GB
Xserve (SL) 2x1.33 G4; 2GB
QS 2002 2x1 G4; 1.5GB
128K 8 68000
8 other Macs and an Apple //e
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a good start, Cory Cooper, would be to actually put your location down in your profile.

I'm game for a get-together in MN if we have enough people. I'm home all summer.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Cory Cooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, lots of folks on forums don't add their location. I guess it's personal preference.

Brown huh...I was just down there last summer looking at RISD with a friend and her son. Nice area.

C
VT N0362 2x2 G5; 4GB
Xserve (SL) 2x1.33 G4; 2GB
QS 2002 2x1 G4; 1.5GB
128K 8 68000
8 other Macs and an Apple //e
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: