123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Reports Third Quarter Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Apple Reports Third Quarter Results Reply with quote

Apple Reports Third Quarter Results
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2009 third quarter ended June 27, 2009. The company posted revenue of $8.34 billion and a net quarterly profit of $1.23 billion, or $1.35 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $7.46 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.07 billion, or $1.19 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 36.3 percent, up from 34.8 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 44 percent of the quarter's revenue.

"We're making our most innovative products ever and our customers are responding," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We're thrilled to have sold over 5.2 million iPhones during the quarter and users have downloaded more than 1.5 billion applications from our App Store in its first year."

Apple sold 2.6 million Macintosh computers during the quarter, representing a four percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. They also sold 10.2 million iPods during the quarter, representing a seven percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter. Quarterly iPhones sold were 5.2 million, representing 626 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter.

You can listen to the entire conference call here if you're interested.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1267.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money. Smile
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they bring back matte screens, I might actually buy another Mac next quarter. I already have a new Mac mini on the way as of this past weekend. I ended up selling my 1.66GHz Mac mini and Apple TV this quarter to fund the new machine. Wow, that sounds like all business like. Laughing
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least for now, Apple appears to be recession and depression proof. I should have bought some stock a few months ago when everyone thought the sky was falling. I just think Apple is going to have a killer fall and winter. And probably with some new goodies along the way.
iLife's a Bitch!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money. Smile

I'd like to see a modern version of that with Steve Jobs and Tim Cook. Laughing
LE Studios

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with a Mac tablet-computer or the MacBook Touch coming to Verizon well as a 4G iPhone then yeah I'm looking to go to Verizon in 2010. I just looked over the plans I know Verizon will have tethering plus LTE going to high as 60Mbps yeah I'm looking forward to flipping AT&T off! Twisted Evil
Texark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE Studios wrote:
Well with a Mac tablet-computer or the MacBook Touch coming to Verizon well as a 4G iPhone then yeah I'm looking to go to Verizon in 2010. I just looked over the plans I know Verizon will have tethering plus LTE going to high as 60Mbps yeah I'm looking forward to flipping AT&T off! Twisted Evil

They also have better coverage. AT&T stinks once you get a little away from your larger cities.

http://mobileroar.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/3g-verizon.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: