123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Row Running on Mac mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cptpike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No explosions just yet. The little light on the front did turn red though. I also keep hearing sinister laughter.
cubed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: keyspan remote Reply with quote

i have got the keyspan remote working with Front Row and I must say that so far it is working really nice.

i haven't had much time to play with all of the features of the remote but most work ith some tweaking of the key mappings
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: keyspan remote Reply with quote

cubed wrote:
i have got the keyspan remote working with Front Row and I must say that so far it is working really nice.

i haven't had much time to play with all of the features of the remote but most work ith some tweaking of the key mappings

What functions are you able to control? I've been looking to buy a remote for a long time. This might throw me over the edge. Very Happy
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
cubed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have gotten the rotational feature to switch from the music-movies-dvd-photos. i have gotten to control certain features throughout each one also.

the problem that I am facing is once i go deeper into my itunes playlists or iphoto albums the remote stops working but the keyboard commands still work.

so i am still working on making it work. any help with it would be great.
nards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance the Apple remote works with the Keyspan receiver?
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: 10.4.3 and front row Reply with quote

I upgraded to 10.4.3 and ever since my front row has stopped working. Everything else that I have put on still works, just front row is the only addition not working. Anyone know how to fix this or do I have to reinstall 4.2
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 10.4.3 and front row Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I upgraded to 10.4.3 and ever since my front row has stopped working. Everything else that I have put on still works, just front row is the only addition not working. Anyone know how to fix this or do I have to reinstall 4.2

I bet it has something to do with the BezelServices.Framework folder. Confused
iLife's a Bitch!
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Actually Reply with quote

I got the updated hack version, but the main problem was I had to change the script. Once the open script app was changed it worked. Also got the dvd player 4.6.2, so now everything works on my front row. I usually listen to music while watching slideshows on it, even though that is something I could without front row. But it is still nice to have. I cant pinpoint it, but when I watch one of my downloaded tv shows from itunes, I swear it looks less pixelated on front row compared to a itunes window. It doesnt look too far from a tv show, just only if I had a faster monitor, but hey thats what you get for paying $42 for a samung lcd.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Actually Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I watch one of my downloaded tv shows from itunes, I swear it looks less pixelated on front row compared to a itunes window. It doesnt look too far from a tv show, just only if I had a faster monitor, but hey thats what you get for paying $42 for a samung lcd.

Consider yourself lucky! I can't get any of my iTMS TV shows to even play in Front Row. The disk just spins and spins.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:

Mine doesn't. It keeps saying, "The movie trailer server is not responding" Sad

I had a problem earlier in the thread with movie trailers. It appears the new iMac has the same problem. Macword brings up a lot of issues with Front Row.

Quote:
The Movies menu presented other frustrations. I and other Macworld editors repeatedly had trouble with the Movie Trailers service, which sporadically couldn’t connect to Apple’s movie trailers server. When we did connect, several times we found that Front Row wasn’t buffering enough video before playing, causing starts and stops (as well as the display of unfriendly “can’t connect to server” errors on screen) that made some trailers unwatchable.

http://www.macworld.com/2005/11/reviews/imacg5rev/index.php
iLife's a Bitch!
kuro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:

I had a problem earlier in the thread with movie trailers. It appears the new iMac has the same problem.

Quote:
The Movies menu presented other frustrations. I and other Macworld editors repeatedly had trouble with the Movie Trailers service, which sporadically couldn’t connect to Apple’s movie trailers server. When we did connect, several times we found that Front Row wasn’t buffering enough video before playing, causing starts and stops (as well as the display of unfriendly “can’t connect to server” errors on screen) that made some trailers unwatchable.

Yes, the FrontRow software seems to have a few minor bugs associated with buffering videos.

Once the movie trailer has played completely through once, subsequent playings are fine until the data expires from the buffer some hours later. Vidoe podcasts have a similar buffering problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple releases an update for FrontRow within the next few weeks.

http://macmediacenter.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: