123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Macbook power adapter problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Macbook power adapter problem Reply with quote

i made some bbq sauce for salmon for supper and had the sauce sitting on a bowl on the floor i moved my macbook and the magnetic cord fell in the sauce and the light turned red so i turned it off and tried to get all the sauce off the cord it started charging then it stopped and now it says battery not charging but it will power the macbook
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hmmm, how did the salmon turn out?

Perhaps clean with Isopropyl Alcohol, let dry and wait. Make sure all water is out, it's a bad conductor, but it can be good enough for a short. I'm guessing your's is fried.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The salmon was amazing that;s what the girlfriend said.

hmm ya the thing that is weird is that one side of the connecter is light green while the other is amber. It still powers my macbook but no charging. I dont have isopropyl alchol but i do have nail polish remover should i try soaking the end in that while not powered.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be careful regarding nail polish remover. Not sure about some of the additives that are in it and how polar they are. If it has no additives it might be ok, my preference would be minimum 70% isopropyl or ethyl alcohol.

I'm guessing that the way the lights are not synchronized, a short has occurred. Haven't seen what happens on the new ones as I haven't broke mine yet, but have had one of the old ones short and create a potential mess. Careful, remember the power adapter is relatively inexpensive compared to the computer.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: