123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipod Touch 3.0 hell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Ipod Touch 3.0 hell. Reply with quote

So i installed the latest Ipod touch firmware update 3.0 and i like the features but all hell is now breaking loose i purchased crash bandicoot racing 3d works fine no issues but when i go to run cooking mama the app allows me to make a meal then the finish video for that meal plays then the app crashes and returns to the desktop on the touch.

Has anyone had this issue after upgrading to 3.0???
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mobile banking app quit working but, they quickly (about 2 weeks) got out a "OS 3.0 compatible" version. Most of my apps have worked just fine, only about 4 out of my 54 apps didn't work or crashed often but, they've all since been "upgraded" to a OS 3.0 compatible version.

I'm sure there will be an update for them soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so.

Did you happen to run into the new os 3.0 dock banning yet.

In firmware version 2.2.1 i was able to use my Ion idj and my crosley ijuke dock's with my ipod touch now after 3.0 both dock's and even my new stereo dock are both dead with os 3.0.

Look's like apple isn't making enough money on docks.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated to OS 3 on my Touch just before going on holiday. The Touch was damn near useless the whole time I was away, it became very unstable with apps just appearing to be crashing for fun. Even Apple apps like the Calendar would crash whilst I was adding entries.

Since returning home I've done a complete restore of the Touch and updated all the apps I can. It seems a little better now, but I've lost a lot of faith in it Sad

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
gigaguy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I put 3.0 on 2 2G Touches and 3 3G iphones and haven't had problems. maybe we don't use the same apps. all these devices were also jailbroken, so I thought I might have some trouble.

none so far. I sold 2 of the iphones and family and friend have the Touches. no problem reports.

I for one, do not need or want 3.1, since it will break my unlocks, (temporarily).
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.1 won't break your jailbreak.

3.1 has been jailbroken already.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some searching i have found something weird.

It seems that all of the free app's in the app store are receiving updates faster then the pay for app's not a good strategy for apple to sell app's
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
It seems that all of the free app's in the app store are receiving updates faster then the pay for app's not a good strategy for apple to sell app's

or it could just be the free apps are launched before they should be and fixed as they go along Sad

The way my Touch crashes I definitely suspect I'm being used as a beta tester

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: